In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
|For the world object used for crafting, see electric hot plate.|
Hot plates are generally used in science experiments as a container to boil or provide a source of chemical reaction to other chemicals or objects alike.
In Fallout 3, hot plates are only used as Rock-It Launcher ammunition.
In the Dead Money add-on for Fallout: New Vegas, hot plate is needed to craft a super-heated cosmic knife. In Old World Blues, this item can be given to the Toaster and broken down into three microfusion cells and five energy cells.
- Hot plates can be found throughout the Capital Wasteland and Mojave Wasteland, usually in laboratories or other places that house scientific equipment.
- A number of hot plates come with science theme when purchased for your house.
- Hot plates can be purchased from vendors such as Crazy Wolfgang and Moira Brown who carry junk items.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, a hot plate can be found in the Mormon Fort tower where Julie Farkas sleeps, on a table with other lab equipment.
- Two can be found inside of Cerulean Robotics
- One can be found inside of Doc Mitchell's house in the area where you start the game.
- A total of 4 hot plates can be found in or around the Sierra Madre. Their locations are: two on the Casino Suites level, one in the Villa Police Station, and one in the Puesta del Sol switching station.