Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Nate's default appearance
Background[edit | edit source]
Pre-War[edit | edit source]
A veteran of the Anchorage Reclamation, belonging to the 108th Infantry Regiment, Second Battalion. Nate left his tour of duty as a decorated war hero and then married Nora and had a son, Shaun, within a year of the Great War. On October 23, 2077, a Vault-Tec salesman spoke to the family and confirmed their spot in Vault 111. Fortunately, he arrived in the nick of time: moments later, a newscaster reported that nuclear detonations had been confirmed in the United States, and warned the Greater Boston area of the looming destruction. Nate, Nora and Shaun, along with all those who had signed up for Vault residency, all rushed to Vault 111 and become trapped above the Vault as a warhead, launched by the Yangtze-31, hit the region.
Out of time[edit | edit source]
Upon arrival in the Vault, Nate was ushered into a Vault 111 jumpsuit, and into a "decontamination chamber". In reality, Vault 111 was a Vault-Tec experiment to study the long term effects of suspended animation on unaware subjects. Although the staff mutinied and the Vault was left abandoned for decades, Nate, Nora, and Shaun were unfrozen in 2227 by one Conrad Kellogg, under the orders of The Institute.
Death (optional)[edit | edit source]
Despite a short struggle, Nate/Nora was shot dead by Kellogg and left in their cryo-chamber to rot, leaving the survivor spouse-less.
Welcome Home[edit | edit source]
After leaving Vault 111, they returned to their former abode, finding their robot, Codsworth, left in his perceptual jovial state for the last 210 years. After quickly searching the neighborhood, Codsworth recommends Concord as the next best place to find Shaun.
Section needed (References - dialogue file needed and household appliances checked for dialogue: Accomplishments, Relationship with each other, lost dog, quip about the park being the Common)
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help The Vault by writing it.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character has no special interactions.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Nate is selected to be the Sole Survivor, then the player chooses his name, appearance, and SPECIAL stats.
- Nate's appearance can be customized during character creation, regardless of your selection of who to play.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Nate appears only in Fallout 4.
- Lookout: "Scanning. Scanning. Accessing pre-war records. Record found. 108th Infantry Regiment. Second Battalion. Ahoy there. 'Tis Providence a member of the Congressional Army is delivered to us in our hour of need."
The Sole Survivor: "I was in the Army. But what's the Congressional Army?"
The Sole Survivor: "Standing orders, sir. Proclamation 3: "All members of the US Army are hereby members of the Congressional Army." The captain requests your presence on the bridge. At the double quick, sir."
Note: only if the player character is a male Sole Survivor.
- Fraternal post 115 terminals; Executive Terminal, Speech Memo: "We're overjoyed to have such a decorated war hero like Nate giving a speech in Concord. We should try to get him down here, too. It always brings in people (and funding)."
- See Vault 111 for details.
- Dependent on player character.