Hubris Comics Publishing (company)
Hubris Comics Publishing
About[edit | edit source]
While most notable for its Grognak the Barbarian series, Hubris Comics has produced various comic book series as well expanding into other projects. While primarily a publishing house, Hubris Comics had begun to expand into radio, television and toys. The Silver Shroud and Grognak the Barbarian were two of its most popular properties. The Silver Shroud franchise was particularly popular in Boston, thanks to the serialized radio drama broadcast by Galaxy News Radio. Hubris attempted to broaden its appeal with a television series that was instantly mired in creative differences, petty squabbles, and executive interference.
Hubris Comics also made several sponsorship deals with other companies, such as Vault-Tec Corporation to include Vault Boy in their Hell's Chain Gang series and the Underground Life series, and produced propaganda comics for the U.S. government, like Tales from the Front.
Company details[edit | edit source]
Known facilities[edit | edit source]
Known publications[edit | edit source]
- Grognak the Barbarian
- The Silver Shroud
- Mistress of Mystery
- The Adventures of Captain Cosmos
- Reign of Grelok
- The Unstoppables
- Kid Wacky's Zany Hi-Jinks
- Tales from the Front
- Drake Tungsten, Chrono-Cowboy 
- Underground Life
- Hell's Chain Gang 
- The Inspector 
- Manta Man
- Captain Cosmos comic line
Known employees[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The word 'Hubris', from the ancient Greek, refers to an individual's pride in their own abilities but in common use usually refers to an excess of such pride or an arrogance/belief in superiority.
Historically, U.S comics had been used as a form of propaganda during World War 2 and later as "red scare" during the Cold War. Famous comic book company like Atlas/Marvel and DC comics had produced comics with anti-communist messages up until the 1980s.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
An issue of Grognak the Barbarian (Fallout 3 loading screen)
- Hubris Comics terminals; Hubris Comics Receptionist Terminal, Press Release
- Fallout 4 loading screen hints: "While primarily a publishing house, Hubris Comics had begun to expand into radio, television and toys. The Silver Shroud and Grognak the Barbarian were two of its most popular properties."
- See The Silver Shroud for details.
- Hubris Comics terminals; Hubris Comics Publishing Terminal, Release Schedule