Colt Rangemaster hunting rifle is a small gun that appears in Fallout and Fallout 2.
The Colt Rangemaster is a powerful semiautomatic rifle chambered for .223 caliber ammunition. The ammunition combined with a 1:10" barrel rifling twist gives it excellent accuracy at range. Combination of durable metals and wooden furniture make it an exceptionally durable firearm. The rifle can accept an aftermarket Loophole x20 or Triveld x10 scope.
A very good all-around rifle found early on, the hunting rifle is accurate and deadly. The only better long range combat weapon is the sniper rifle.
Excellent for Tycho until the aforementioned sniper rifle can be found.
- Vault 15: Level 2, in the lowermost living quarters. The rifle is lying on the floor in the bathroom, in the top right corner. It blends in with the background.
- Junktown: Kenji carries one, which can be taken off of his corpse.
- Necropolis: Ice chest in the Hall of the Dead.
- Non-player characters
- ↑ Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p.5-15: "A longer ranged, and more powerful, firearm. The Rangemaster is your basic, solid rifle. It uses the .223 caliber rifle round, a standard for over 110 years. The .223, combined with a 1:10” twist, gives good accuracy at range and solid knockdown capability."
- ↑ Fallout Official Survival Guide p.115: "Colt Rangemaster/223 Rifle: The basic hunting semiautomatic rifle in the Fallout World. Fires .223 FMJ ammo, with fair range and accuracy."