We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Background[edit | edit source]
Hydra is a drug developed from Antivenom. Due to the Legion's disapproval of using modern medicine, some Legionaries attempted to develop a different means to help them heal damaged limbs. To do that, they combined Cave Fungus, Nightstalker blood and the poison from a Radscorpion poison gland with Antivenom before use, developing Hydra, a curative agent which both anesthetizes and restores crippled limbs over time.
Despite its origins in the Legion, this drug has since seen extensive use throughout the entire Mojave Wasteland, including NCR field hospitals. Excessive use causes dilated eyes, an increased heart rate and blood pressure, massive sweating and other typical symptoms of drug abuse.
All Hydra in-game use the bottle of a brand of fruit drink called Supa Yum! to hold its contents.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Like a Doctor's Bag, Hydra is used to restore health to crippled limbs making it especially useful in hardcore mode where Stimpaks or sleeping in a bed you don't own (from having rented or being given the room) won't heal these injuries. It has the advantage over Doctor's Bags in that it is weightless and it will continue to slowly heal the crippled wounds over 60 seconds. In a tough fight where you might receive crippling wounds several times a single dose of Hydra can heal them as you receive them. As a bonus, Hydra also benefits from the Chemist and Day Tripper perks.
The down side is that Hydra carries a 10% risk of addiction. If this happens you'll suffer a negative hit to your statistics (-3 Endurance) unless you either use more Hydra or Fixer (to provide temporary relief from the symptoms of withdrawal) or have a doctor cure you.
Effects of Survival skill[edit | edit source]
|10||+12 Limb condition||60||+22 Limb condition|
|20||+14 Limb condition||70||+24 Limb condition|
|30||+16 Limb condition||80||+26 Limb condition|
|40||+18 Limb condition||90||+28 Limb condition|
|50||+20 Limb condition||100||+30 Limb condition|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- With Great Khans, you can teach Jack the recipe for Hydra, and he will then stock it for sale at his shop. and a positive reputation with the
- There are two doses on a desk at the Nevada Highway Patrol station.
- Sometimes found on dead Powder Gangers.
- Two are found at the end of Silver Peak Mine.
- One is found in a bathtub at the bottom of The Devil's Gullet.
- One can be found in Prospector's Den, somewhere around the generator.
- One can be found near a bundle of campers in Camp Searchlight.
- One lies in a sunken shipwreck northeast of Boulder Beach campground and south of the scavenger platform.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to patch 184.108.40.2064, the recipe required five samples of cave fungus, two radscorpion poison glands, and three vials of nightstalker blood.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- The Courier: "What are the symptoms of Hydra use?"
Alex Richards: "[SUCCEEDED] Excessive use causes dilated eyes, an increased heart rate and blood pressure, massive sweating, you know... the usual."
(Alex Richards' dialogue)
- The Courier: "Dilated eyes, increased heart rate... I think you took the drugs."
Stone: "[SUCCEEDED] What?! Oh shit... how the fuck?! Oh man, I'm in some deep shit now. Look, I can explain everything! Really, just give me a chance to explain!"