I Don't Hurt Anymore is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
Corporal Betsy of 1st Reconnaissance Battalion was raped by Cook-Cook and refuses to address the trauma driving her self-destructive behavior.
- Talk to Lieutenant Gorobets at Camp McCarran (or Camp Forlorn Hope if Three-Card Bounty has been completed).
- Talk to Corporal Betsy about her encounter with Cook-Cook.
- Convince Cpl. Betsy to seek help from the New Vegas Medical Clinic. A Speech of 60 or a Medicine of 40 will convince her. Failing these checks, talk to the rest of 1st Recon (Corporal Sterling, 10 of Spades and Sgt. Bitter-Root); after learning the rest of 1st Recon is worried about her, she will cave and agree.
- Tell Lt. Gorebets than Betsy is willing to undergo therapy.
- Tell Dr. Usanagi that Betsy will be visiting her soon.
|10|| ||Speak with Corporal Betsy about getting medical help for her trauma.|
|20|| ||Talk to the other members of First Recon about getting help for Betsy.|
|21|| ||Speak with 10 of Spades.|
|22|| ||Speak with Corporal Sterling.|
|23|| ||Speak with Sergeant Bitter-Root.|
|30|| ||Tell Corporal Betsy that the rest of First Recon agrees she needs help.|
|40|| ||Tell Lieutenant Gorobets that Corporal Betsy will start receiving treatment.|
|50||Deliver Gorobets' message to Doctor Usanagi at the New Vegas Medical Clinic.|
Behind the scenes
The title of the quest is a cultural reference to the song "I Don't Hurt Anymore", written by Don Robertson and Jack Rollins, sung by Hank Snow in 1954.
- Camp Forlorn Hope, she will only use a generic reply and not initiate the quest dialogue (this occurs when the quest is initiated while 1st Recon is still stationed at Camp McCarran and their help is used in the quest Three-Card Bounty, triggering their move to Camp Forlorn Hope, while the quest is still going on, before you have convinced Corporal Betsy that she needs help). A work around to this bug (PC only) is to enter the command setstage 0015e480 20 to bypass the first stage of the quest. If you continue to experience difficulty, increase the final two numbers by multiples of ten (20 then 30, etc.) to bypass each objective that cannot be solved by traditional means.
If Betsy is stationed at Sometimes during the quest, if you initiate a dialogue with Corporal Betsy, but choose to tell her that Cook-Cook is dead before advising her to deal with her trauma, she will thank you and the dialogue will be over. When you try to initiate another dialogue with her, you only receive a generic reply. The same thing happens if you quit the dialogue before you advise her to seek mental therapy; again, you'll be unable to initiate another dialogue.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|