Yeah, some Pre-War jackass with too much time on his hands apparently decided to inflict his misery on those around him. It's scrambling all the terminals here at the moment. Luckily, we only use this section for storing historical data.”
The bespectacled scribe Ibsen is in charge of the data storage at Hidden Valley. He keeps the datastore up and running, but has recently had some major complications. A disk retrieved by one of the tech recovery patrols before the lockdown contained a nasty virus that scrambled the terminals and Ibsen has been unable to purge it. Luckily, the virus has been contained to historical data terminals, limiting the headache. He is a very hard worker, despite Veronica's insistence that he take it easy.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Hidden Valley computer virus: The Courier can help Ibsen with purging the virus.
- Still in the Dark: The datastore provides information on the history of the Brotherhood.
Drops on death
- "[A virus?] Yeah, some Pre-War jackass with too much time on his hands apparently decided to inflict his misery on those around him. It's scrambling all the terminals here at the moment. Luckily, we only use this section for storing historical data."
- "You actually did it! If you don't mind my saying so, I didn't think you had a chance in hell of pulling it off. But I'm glad to be wrong for once! Thank you, my friend. Please, feel free to access the datastore at your leisure. I'm only allowed to give you access to non-classified topics, but it's better than nothing, right?"
- "Hello again, my friend. I hope you've been finding the information in the datastore useful."
- "Look, this isn't a great ti- oh, what the hell, it's not like we're making any progress. I'm Ibsen, and I hope your day is going better than mine is."
- "[You could just delete all the files. That would get rid of the virus, right?] [FAILED] Along with all of the crucial data contained within. That'd be like throwing the baby out with the bathwater."
- "[What do you think of Hardin trying to get McNamara dismissed?] I don't have time to think about silly things like politics right now. My main concern right now is getting this blasted datastore up and running."
- "The virus just jumped! Find which terminals it went to!"
- "That's it! We got it! The virus has been purged!"
- "Damn, it's jumped! I thought we might have had it that time."
Ibsen appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.