We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
In Shining Armor
In Shining Armor
|The following is based on bugged content.|
Beams reflect off the mirror-like finish of your gleaming armor! You gain an additional +5 Damage Threshold against energy weapons while wearing any metal armor, +2 while wearing reflective eyewear.”— Dead Money description
Effects[edit | edit source]
The bugged perk does not provide any DT boost, as the parameters are incorrectly set. The IsWeaponSkillType checks for Energy, rather than EnergyWeapons when checking the type of the weapon used against the player. Since no value is returned, the perk never works. Joshua Sawyer's personal patch JSawyer addresses this issue and rectifies this very oversight as well as other bugs.
When implemented correctly, the player gains +2 DT against qualifying weapons while wearing reflective eyewear and an additional +5 while wearing either of the following:
- Advanced radiation suit
- Chinese stealth armor
- Gannon family Tesla armor
- Legate armor
- Legion centurion armor
- Metal armor
- Metal armor, reinforced
- NCR Ranger combat armor
- NCR Ranger patrol armor
- Radiation suit
- Recon armor
- Remnants power armor
- Space suit
- T-45d power armor
- T-51b power armor
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The name of the perk is a reference to the phrase "A knight in shining armor".
- The +2 DT effect for wearing reflective eyewear is handled by a separate, hidden perk.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- all-purpose science suit, Brotherhood T-45d power armor, Brotherhood T-51b power armor, and NCR salvaged power armor are not affected by this perk. (The corresponding salvaged power helmet is affected by this perk.) The
- Ballcap with glasses and biker goggles are not affected by this perk.