The industrial hand is a weapon in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Lonesome Road.
The industrial hand was a construction tool consisting of a mechanical glove with a circular saw blade mounted on the back, self-automated by an unknown power supply. It was probably used in industrial work for cutting materials such as metal, rock, or plastics, now re-purposed as a devastating unarmed weapon.
Like other automatic close combat weapons with a critical multiplier, the industrial hand checks for critical hits several times a second. This makes it very possible to pull off multiple critical hits in a brief span of time.
The blade extends forwards when the weapon is used. Unlike other unarmed weapons, holding down the attack button when wielding the industrial hand will cause continuous damage to targets in contact with the blade; this makes it impossible to perform power attacks and the associated unarmed perks such as the Ranger Takedown. The industrial hand additionally negates an enemy's damage resistance/threshold, making it great for use against heavily armored foes. It is considered an improved holdout weapon, meaning it can be concealed if the players Sneak skill is 50 or greater.
|Salt-Upon-Wounds' power fist
|Saturnite fist super-heated
||Combustion on crit
- Ashton Silo Control Station, in a footlocker on a shelf outside, to the right when facing the entrance to the silo lift.
- Ulysses' Temple, in a footlocker in the room with three eyebot charging stations. The door is opened with the nearby terminal.
- Between Boxwood Hotel Roof and Ulysses' Temple, found in a footlocker at a campsite in the center of the area.
- This weapon is marked as "player only", meaning it cannot be equipped by non-player characters. This includes companions.
- The industrial hand's V.A.T.S. attack animation is unusual, due to the automatic nature of the weapon type. The attack is initiated but the automatic damage is not applied, nor does the target act as if harmed, until the end of the attack when the damage is finally applied. It also has a slight knockback effect.
- It has the highest durability of any unarmed weapon in Fallout: New Vegas, but this is balanced as automatic weapons degrade much faster than regular weapons.
- V.A.T.S. special moves (i.e. cross, uppercut) will cause the player to stand in place and continuously punch during the sequence, without contacting the target enemy. Possibly fixed by repeatedly trying to access the Pip-Boy (Xbox).
Selecting This weapon's sound will fail to play if the attack button is held and released continuously.