Find the upgrades to the Sink's appliances
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Find the upgrades to The Sink's Central Intelligence Unit.
- The holotape enabling the CIU to sell the LAER mod - auxiliary recharger chip is in the Big MT west tunnel in a series of rooms containing several protectron Mk5's and The Custodian. It sits on a shelf in the second large room, in an alcove.
- The holotape enabling the CIU to sell the LAER mod - prismatic lens, is located on the roof of the Signal Hills transmitter office.
- The holotape enabling the CIU to sell the K9000 mod - Resla roil and K9000 mod - Mentat chow are in the X-13 research facility on technician Skinner and researcher Mendoza's terminals with entries titled "Suggestion".
- Find the upgrades to The Sink's Auto-Doc.
- The Auto-Doc Upgrade: Hair Styling Enchancements holotape is located inside the Signal Hills transmitter office, on a desk immediately to the right.
- The Auto-Doc Upgrade: Cosmetic Enchancements holotape is located on the catwalk to the second floor of the Y-17 medical facility, in a cabinet to the right.
- The holotape for implant C-13 is in the Y-17 medical facility in the southwest corner of the main room, on the ground floor, propped up against a burned-out terminal.
- The holotape for Implant M-5 is in the Z-14 Pepsinae DNA splicing lab located on an operating table in a lab containing Specimen 73.
- The holotape for Implant Y-3 is in the Z-9 Crotalus DNA preservation lab located on an operating table, in the room containing Shadis.
- The holotape for Implant Y-7 is in the X-13 research facility on a researcher Slough's terminal with an entry titled "Suggestion".
- Find the upgrades to The Sink's support automated personalities, which include The Sink, Muggy, Light Switch 01, Light Switch 02, and the book chute.
- The Sink Upgrade: Water Production holotape is located in the far west of the construction site, with a skeleton next to a bulldozer.
- The "Muggy" Upgrade: Parts Production holotape is in the Securitron de-construction plant, held by 010011110110111001100101 on the second floor of the facility.
- The Light Switch 01 Upgrade: Smart Lights holotape is located on the ground floor of the X-12 research center, leaning against a projector. The player will require a sonic emitter upgrade to disable force-fields (accomplished during the Sonic Emitter Upgrade quest).
- The holotape for the Light Switch 02 Upgrade: "Mood Lights" is in the Saturnite alloy research facility, standing in a cabinet in the large factory room, across from the south entrance.
- The Book Chute Upgrade: Mulching holotape is inside the Little Yangtze watchtower, propped up against a coffeemaker.
- Install the upgrades in The Sink.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
|10||Find the upgrades to The Sink's central intelligence unit.|
|20||Find the upgrades to The Sink's Auto-Doc.|
|30||Find the upgrades to The Sink's support AIs.|
|40||Install the upgrades in The Sink.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The player has to complete the quest Sonic Emitter Upgrade first in order to complete this quest, as they have to get rid of the force-field in the X-12 research center for one of The Sink's supporting artificial personality.
- It can take several seconds after installing the last upgrade for the quest to be marked complete.
- Some holotapes may not be available until the quest started.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- This series of quests gets its name from Dale Carnegie's book: How to Win Friends and Influence People
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The quest marker might still present even if you collected the holotape in that area.