As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Find the upgrades to the Sink's appliances
- Find the upgrades to The Sink's Central Intelligence Unit.
- The holotape enabling the CIU to sell the LAER mod - auxiliary recharger chip is in the Big MT west tunnel in a series of rooms containing several protectron Mk5's and The Custodian. It sits on a shelf in the second large room, in an alcove.
- The holotape enabling the CIU to sell the LAER mod - prismatic lens, is located on the roof of the Signal Hills transmitter office.
- The holotape enabling the CIU to sell the K9000 mod - Resla roil and K9000 mod - Mentat chow are in the X-13 research facility on technician Skinner and researcher Mendoza's terminals with entries titled "Suggestion".
- Find the upgrades to The Sink's Auto-Doc.
- The Auto-Doc Upgrade: Hair Styling Enchancements holotape is located inside the Signal Hills transmitter office, on a desk immediately to the right.
- The Auto-Doc Upgrade: Cosmetic Enchancements holotape is located on the catwalk to the second floor of the Y-17 medical facility, in a cabinet to the right.
- The holotape for implant C-13 is in the Y-17 medical facility in the southwest corner of the main room, on the ground floor, propped up against a burned-out terminal.
- The holotape for Implant M-5 is in the Z-14 Pepsinae DNA splicing lab located on an operating table in a lab containing Specimen 73.
- The holotape for Implant Y-3 is in the Z-9 Crotalus DNA preservation lab located on an operating table, in the room containing Shadis.
- The holotape for Implant Y-7 is in the X-13 research facility on a researcher Slough's terminal with an entry titled "Suggestion".
- Find the upgrades to The Sink's support automated personalities, which include The Sink, Muggy, Light Switch 01, Light Switch 02, and the book chute.
- The Sink Upgrade: Water Production holotape is located in the far west of the construction site, with a skeleton next to a bulldozer.
- The "Muggy" Upgrade: Parts Production holotape is in the Securitron de-construction plant, held by 010011110110111001100101 on the second floor of the facility.
- The Light Switch 01 Upgrade: Smart Lights holotape is located on the ground floor of the X-12 research center, leaning against a projector. The player will require a sonic emitter upgrade to disable force-fields (accomplished during the Sonic Emitter Upgrade quest).
- The holotape for the Light Switch 02 Upgrade: "Mood Lights" is in the Saturnite alloy research facility, standing in a cabinet in the large factory room, across from the south entrance.
- The Book Chute Upgrade: Mulching holotape is inside the Little Yangtze watchtower, propped up against a coffeemaker.
- Install the upgrades in The Sink.
|10||Find the upgrades to The Sink's central intelligence unit.|
|20||Find the upgrades to The Sink's Auto-Doc.|
|30||Find the upgrades to The Sink's support AIs.|
|40||Install the upgrades in The Sink.|
- The player has to complete the quest Sonic Emitter Upgrade first in order to complete this quest, as they have to get rid of the force-field in the X-12 research center for one of The Sink's supporting artificial personality.
- It can take several seconds after installing the last upgrade for the quest to be marked complete.
- Some holotapes may not be available until the quest started.
Behind the scenes
- This series of quests gets its name from Dale Carnegie's book: How to Win Friends and Influence People
- The quest marker might still present even if you collected the holotape in that area.