As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
That's how we do it in the Lyons' Pride, you fuckin' freaks!”
Initiate Reddin is an initiate with the elite Lyons' Pride in Fallout 3.
Initiate Reddin is an overly curious and excitable recruit on her first combat assignment. Vargas does what he can to restrain her and teach her the ways of the Brotherhood. Reddin was added to Sarah’s unit against his advice (and probably hers), but although Vargas may act angry and annoyed at Reddin, it is entirely because he is trying to keep her alive.
During the quest Following in His Footsteps, the explosion of the barrier of vehicles that heralds the arrival of the super mutant behemoth kills her instantly. After the behemoth battle, Sarah Lyons tells Paladin Vargas that she will tell the Brotherhood of Reddin's courage, and that she will now be known as Paladin Reddin.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Following in His Footsteps: Reddin gallantly fights alongside the Lone Wanderer in their journey to the Galaxy News Radio building in the Lone Wanderer's pursuit for more information on the whereabouts of their father.
Effects of player actions
- If the Lone Wanderer proceeds to Rivet City and speaks to Doctor Madison Li without going to GNR first, and then later go to GNR, the Lone Wanderer won't encounter Lyon's Pride, Initiate Reddin, or either of the two dead Brotherhood of Steel initiates, and instead traverse through the encounter alone. The Lyon's Pride will then introduce themselves at the Citadel, minus Reddin.
|T-45d Power armor|
T-45d Power helmet
Drops on death
- Citadel information terminals and Citadel personnel terminals state her funeral has been put on hold due to unexpected tactical developments and that a memorial service will be scheduled, however the date is still to be determined.
- The Official Game Guide erroneously refers to her as male.
Paladin Reddin appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
- In the game files, Reddin's script is called "MQ01RedshirtScript", a reference to the disposable "redshirts" of the Star Trek original series.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.77: "Initiate Reddin
Initiate Reddin is an overly curious and excitable recruit on his first combat assignment. Vargas does what he can to restrain him and teach him the ways of the Brotherhood. Reddin was added to Sarah's unit against his advice (and probably hers), but although Vargas may act angry and annoyed at Reddin, it is entirely because he is trying to keep him alive."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)