Background[edit | edit source]
Gallows is scout and stealth expert of the Lyons' Pride. He's a quiet, somewhat creepy man who isn't much liked by the Brotherhood members beyond the Pride. It's been said that if an enemy is in the field and sees Gallows, he's already dead. Gallows tends to disappear from time to time, which only adds to the mystery surrounding him. But it is well known among the other members of Lyons's Pride that Gallows is actually out hunting and killing Super Mutants. At least, they HOPE they're Super Mutants....
Gallows is generally withdrawn and keeps to himself, and his fellow Pride members hold a variety of opinions about him. All can agree that if Gallows showed the tiniest bit of interest in leadership, he'd already be a Paladin, but he only cares about the mission and killing super mutants. Nobody has managed to get close with him, not enough to learn where he comes from or even his real name. Most are just glad to have him on their side, though some, like Knight Captain Dusk, treat him with suspicion. The only opinion that matters to Gallows is that of Sentinel Lyons, and she appreciates the methods..
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Gallows Humor: The Pride is running a bet to see who will finally learn Gallows' real name. There have been no winners yet.
- The speech check to learn his name can be made easier by staying silent upon the first meeting, which will raise his disposition and increase the success chance slightly.
- Take It Back!: Gallows is part of the Lyons Pride when it follows Liberty Prime towards the Purifier.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Lyons' Pride power armor|
Brotherhood power helmet
Merc troublemaker outfit (32%)
Drops on death
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Leftover dialogue options indicate that Gallows was planned to offer a bounty for discovering locations outside D.C. (as he's stuck running ops there), giving the player ammunition in return for reconnoitering them. This was cut at an unknown time, likely because it detracted from the uniqueness of Riley's Rangers' quest.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Gallows appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.80: "Knight Captain Irving Gallows
Gallows is the Pride's scout and stealth expert. He's a quiet, kind of creepy man who isn't much liked by the Brotherhood members beyond the Pride. It's been said that if an enemy is in the field and sees Gallows, he's already dead. Gallows tends to disappear from time to time, which only adds to the mystery surrounding him. But it is well known among the other members of Lyons's Pride that Gallows is actually out hunting and killing Super Mutants. At least, they HOPE they're Super Mutants...."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)
- The Lone Wanderer: "No one knows his name?"
Glade: "Nope. No one knows his name, where he comes from -- nothin'. He's a mean little bastard for sure. He'd be a Paladin by now for sure, except that he ain't got no interest in leadin'. Only killin'. I'm just glad he's on our side."
- The Lone Wanderer: "What can you tell me about the Lyons' Pride?"
Irving Gallows: "Sarah appreciates my... methods. I fill a role no one else can."
(Irving Gallows' dialogue)