Isaac (Gun Runners)
|For other people named Isaac, see Isaac.|
Isaac is a Gun Runner working at the Gun Runners' factory in the Mojave Wasteland in Fallout: New Vegas. He's usually found working at the reloading bench near the Vendortron, but will spend nights at his home, east of the kiosk and across the street from the Hostetler home.
Background[edit | edit source]
Isaac has been working for the Gun Runners in the Mojave since 2276. He's become thoroughly inculcated with the Gun Runners' culture over the past five years. Although he ostensibly handles supply chains, ensuring the Gun Runners have enough material to work with, he doubles as the informal leader of the local factory. The Gun Runners don't have a formal hierarchy, but it falls to Isaac to process orders and negotiate contracts. Since the horizontal organization of the Gun Runners works well for everyone, nobody complains.
As part of his duties, Isaac evaluates incoming orders for their practicality. He prefers to avoid dealing with competing merchant houses in order to maintain the Gun Runners' independence, but in extreme circumstances is willing to consider temporary deals. Maintaining the NCR Army as the Gun Runners' biggest client is usually the primary reason for these deals.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Dealing with Contreras: In order to meet the increased demand from McCarran and Daniel Contreras, the player will have to either bring Isaac a total of 100 pieces of scrap metal or equivalent junk. Alternatively, they can convince him to refurbish used weapons or make a deal with competitors to cover the supply issues.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Merc grunt outfit|
Roving trader hat
Drops on death
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's pathfinding might break once he's at home, as he's not loaded in the worldspace anymore. This can be fixed by entering his home, which will restart his routine.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Isaac appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "So you work for the Gun Runners?"
Isaac: "For around five years now. I handle the supply ends of things - raw materials and stuff."
- The Courier: "Who's in charge of the Gun Runners?"
Isaac: "Out here, we don't have bosses. Me, the gunsmiths, and the guards all know what we're supposed to be doing. Working for the Gun Runners is a sweet job. None of us would dare screw it up."
- The Courier: "Contreras sent me. McCarran needs a lot more guns and ammo."
Isaac: "Shit. Is he serious? The 25% increase in weapons is doable, but a 50% increase in ammunition is nuts. We just don't have the supplies on hand to meet that kind of demand for new weapons."
- The Courier: "<span class="va-tooltip" style="" title="< Barter 80 >">Arrange a temporary supply deal with other merchants. It'll still lead to a profit for you."
Isaac: "[SUCCEEDED] I guess we'll have to. If Caesar's Legion drives the NCR from the area, there goes ninety percent of our business. I don't like the idea of buying supplies from our competition, but it's only temporary. We'll call in extra supplies from our distributors. Let Contreras know we'll have the extra guns and ammo ready for the next shipment."