The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Background[edit | edit source]
Jack appears to be Loyal's apprentice. He always is following Loyal around the hangars, fixing things up, specifically robots and machinery. They also are responsible for the creation of the Rebreather, albeit with some trouble.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Young Hearts: Jack tasks the player with finding the redhead who works for the Crimson Caravan Company, Janet.
- Volare!: Jack is involved in bringing "the lady" to the surface, giving the player the rebreather to help retrieve "the lady" from the bottom of Lake Mead.
- Iron and Stealing: Jack mentions that the Nellis Air Force Base can always use more scrap metal.
Effects of player action[edit | edit source]
- If you are at 'accepted' reputation level prior to speaking to him, he does not give you the "go to hell" line, and instead says "I just say strange things sometimes, sorry" and moves on with the conversation like it never happened.
- If you give Jack scrap metal, it increases your fame with Nellis. If you give enough (seems to be 50 units total), you gain instant idolized status with Nellis Air Force Base. You can steal scrap metal from all around the Nellis AFB (obviously don't get caught) and Jack will accept the stolen scrap metal as if it weren't stolen; there is approximately 16-18 scrap metal pieces in the Hangars alone, making it a bit easier to reach idolized status.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- If you talk to Jack before starting the quest for the bomber, he mentions something about a lady in the water (you soon find out what that means). If you ask him what he meant by that he will say "Go to hell outsider" not letting you speak to him, thus not being able to get the rebreather. If you follow this dialog, however, Volare! will be somewhat more challenging to complete.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Drops on death
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Jack appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "What do you do here?"
Jack: "Me? I work with Loyal, mostly electronics work and robotics. Keeping the old technologies alive, right?"
- The Courier: "Aw c'mon, it looks fine. I bet the seal will hold."
Jack: "[FAILED] Sorry, there is no way it would withstand submersion. Has to be watertight. Past few times I've tested it I've gotten a mouthful of water. A pressure cooker would have the gaskets and valving I need to seal it up."