Let me see... Lucifer's balls.”— Jack Cabot, Fallout 4
Background[edit | edit source]
The current head of the Cabot family, Jack is a world-famous physician and scientist. Or would be, if any kind of global news service existed. Born to incredible wealth and privilege, Jack spent his formative years studying the sciences and rising to prominence in scientific circles. Laboring in the shadow of his father, Lorenzo Cabot, and his obsession with lost civilization, Jack was one of many who dismissed him as a quack and pseudo-scientist. He admitted his mistakes when his father returned from the Empty Quarter, bringing strange objects and proof of an ancient city beneath the sands. However, the newly found respect for his father was marred by the man's lack of foresight. Lorenzo irresponsibly experimented with a seemingly dormant ancient artifact - an apparent crown - after returning. Placing it on his head, he inadvertently caused it to fuse with his nervous system. He gained various seemingly paranormal powers... as well as becoming increasingly irrational and violent, culminating in paranoia and homicidal rage. After a crime streak that surely would have put him on death row, he was finally apprehended.
To protect themselves and the public from him and him from himself, the Cabot clan elected to confine him at Parsons State Insane Asylum indefinitely, using their influence to shield him from a death sentence. In the course of Jack's attempts to cure him, he discovered that the artifact had introduced anomalies into his blood. The source of his insanity became the basis of a longevity serum that have prolonged all our lives. The same substance was also responsible for making Lorenzo such a threat. Anyone could handle an elderly man in an asylum, but an elderly man with enhanced strength, resistance to most kinds of physical damage, and local telekinesis projected by the artifact itself? That was too much. Kept under a dampening field, Lorenzo was in isolation for centuries as his son tried to find a cure for his father's madness in vain.
Convinced that his psychosis could be treated by removing the artifact Jack attempted countless treatments to remove it - only to discover that it fused too tightly with his nervous system. Nevertheless he keeps trying, enjoying the long life afforded him at the patriarch's expense.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a temporary party member.|
|This character starts quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Special Delivery: .
- Emogene Takes a Lover: .
- The Secret of Cabot House: Jack leads the way into the lower levels of Parsons State Insane Asylum to confront and if need be, kill his father, Lorenzo Cabot, to spare the wasteland from his rampage.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Cabot's lab coat|
Drops on death
|No additional items|
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Jack Cabot appears only in Fallout 4.
- Jack Cabot: "Yes. He spent years looking, and was widely ridiculed by the so-called experts. I'm ashamed to say even I doubted him. But in the end he found it: a lost city, buried in the sands of the Rub'al Khali, the Empty Quarter of Arabia."
- Jack Cabot: "You wouldn't have. My father only made one expedition to the lost city, and his findings were never published. The clues were all there, scattered amongst the earliest civilizations... but he was the only one to understand what they meant. He followed them into the Empty Quarter of Arabia, to the nameless city buried in the sand like the mythical Atlantis beneath the waves..."
- Jack Cabot: ""His crimes, back when he was free... It was only because of my family's influence that he ended up here rather than on Death Row. The world now... it's a world made for monsters. Nothing could have stopped him."
- Jack Cabot: "My father, Lorenzo Cabot, is... confined in Parsons. He became dangerously unstable after handling an artifact he found on an archaeological dig in Arabia. He gained various seemingly paranormal powers... as well as becoming increasingly irrational and violent. In the end, I had no choice but to confine him - for his own safety as well as ours."
- Jack Cabot: "In the course of my attempts to cure him, I discovered that the artifact had introduced... anomalies into his blood. So, the source of his insanity is also the basis of the treatments that have prolonged all our lives. The irony isn't lost on me. But if he were to escape from Parsons, I would lose my father forever. I will not allow that to happen. Not to mention that the artifact has made him paranoid, homicidally violent, and endowed with extraordinary abilities."
- Jack Cabot: "The main benefit of the serum is to halt aging. My family and I are all over 400 years old. But it also confers other... side effects, especially in the undiluted form that the raiders stole"
- Jack Cabot: "Enhanced strength. Unusual resistance to most kinds of physical damage. Oh, and a kind of local telekinesis, which appears to be projected by the artifact itself. That's why I've built a dampening field into his cell. Which is why we really need to stop these intruders before they turn it off."
- Jack Cabot: "It's the artifact that's made Lorenzo so dangerous. I'm sure his psychosis would be cured if it could be removed. But so far, all my attempts have failed. It's fused too tightly with his nervous system."
- Jack Cabot: "I'm well aware of the apparent conflict of interest in my father being the source of the treatment that is prolonging my own life. But I assure you that if I had the chance, I would gladly give it all up to have my father back, even for a short time."