Hey, it's you ag- what's wrong? Why are you looking at me like that?”
Jacklyn is a woman found near Nipton in Fallout: New Vegas.
Background[edit | edit source]
She can be found in a gunfight with Tomas between Nipton and the Nipton Road Pit Stop. If she wins the gunfight against Tomas, she can be found running towards you on the road to the Nipton Road Pit Stop.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character starts quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- The Star Showdown: If she survives, she tells you that Tomas was insane and wanted some sort of stars.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- If you suggest he was looking Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps, and end the dialogue, she will say she needs time to compose herself and remain friendly. However, this friendliness is a ruse when she shoots you in the back. If you have at least 7 Intelligence, you can pass a check against her for 25 XP.
- If you don't mention the star bottle caps she'll start walking to the Mojave Outpost, she'll only make progress while you're in the map area but once she arrives at the Outpost she'll remain there even if you leave the area and come back.
- If you looted Tomas's Journal from the body of Tomas, you can start the dialog with her again. During the second dialog, the Terrifying Presence can be used to demand her hands over all star caps with no fire draw, otherwise she will turn hostile.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Thank god you came around. That guy was going to kill me!"
- "Did you see that? That guy was going to kill me!"
- "Hey, it's you ag- what's wrong? Why are you looking at me like that?"
- "Don't worry about me. I'm a little shaken up, but I'll be okay."
- "Could you, maybe, stay away from me? You're creeping me out."
- "[What was that you took from his corpse?] What? This? He stole this from me at gunpoint. Lucky for me, he got distracted and I got a chance to draw on him. It's a, uh, necklace that I made out of these special caps. You ever see any caps with a blue star on them like these?"
- "[Yes, I've got a few myself.] Ah, then you know how rare they are. I'm just glad they're back where they belong. You can never be too careful these days. Well, it was nice to meet you. I'm going to take a few moments to get myself together, then head out."
- "[Sure have. And I'm thinking of adding yours to my collection.] You know, I was just thinking the same thing about you."
- "[Actually, the necklace is made of seven caps. It's not really yours, is it?] Well, I guess you're just too smart for me. Unfortunately, I can't leave any witnesses behind."
- "[You stole that cap necklace from that poor man.] So what if I did? What are you going to do about it?"
- "[Let's just say I'll leave just enough of you left for the dogs to fight over.] H-here. You can have the damn necklace. Just leave me alone!"
- "[Are you all right?] I am now. I was just minding my own business heading west when that psycho came out of nowhere and started shooting! He kept shouting about stars or something. Does that make any sense to you?"
- "[Yes, he was probably trying to steal some Sunset Sarsaparilla Stars from you.] Some what? Never mind, I'm going to take a few moments to compose myself, then head out. Thank you again."
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Raider badlands armor|
|2x or 9x Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap|
Drops on death
|No additional items|
Note: She will have 9x Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps if she kills Tomas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Courier, it disappears from the gameworld. Jacklyn's body may not be present if Tomas runs up to the
- Jacklyn's body can spawn in Nipton if Tomas runs up to the Courier (witnessed stuck in the floor and writhing about due to faulty collision, but was still lootable)
- When she pulls out her 10mm pistol it is possible that it will be invisible.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Jacklyn appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.