Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Background[edit | edit source]
Originally hailing from NCR, Jacob Hoff is a natural at chemistry, who used his talents to homebrew detox chems before he became a junkie himself while working for the Garrets. If he can kick his addiction, he has the potential to be a great asset to Freeside, and continue to create medicine and detox chems for the community.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- High Times: There are three options for helping Jacob get clean during the quest High Times, once Dixon is no longer selling him drugs:
- I Could Make You Care:
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Jacob dies during the quest High Times the quest can still be completed for partial XP, but Julie Farkas will not start giving free medical supplies to the Courier afterwards. If both Jacob and Bill Ronte die during the quest, the Courier will gain infamy with the Followers upon turning it in. This can sometimes happen accidentally if caught in the crossfire with Freeside Thugs.
- You may run into him drunk at the Atomic Wrangler.
- If the Courier both helps Jacob detox as part of the quest High Times, and also sets up a supply deal between the Followers of the Apocalypse and James Garret through an unmarked quest from Julie Farkas, Jacob will begin supplying purchasable Rum & Nuka to the Atomic Wrangler.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Jacob will continually speak as if he was drunk.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Jacob Hoff appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "Are you trying to kill your customers?"
Dixon: "Those fools are from NCR. I love seeing those squatters in agony. We were doing just fine before those shits came here and made a mess of things. We don't need NCR eggheads wandering around confusing things."
- The Courier: "Tell me about Jacob."
Julie Farkas: "The Garrets hooked Jacob on chems when he was working for them. Ironic, since he used to homebrew detox chems. He's a natural chemist."
(Julie Farkas' dialogue)
- The Courier: "I helped with that addiction problem you mentioned."
Julie Farkas: "I saw Jacob, but found Bill dead... His death will be a big loss for Freeside. If you need some medical supplies, come see me. With Jacob working with us, we should be able to spare a stim or fixer once a day."
(Julie Farkas' dialogue)