The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Stay close - we'll both be better for it.”
Fascinated by the ancient history of the United States of America, Jacob is a keen collector of Confederate memorabilia, and is currently testing out his recent historically inaccurate shotgun before he goes Ghoul hunting in the swamps.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Plik's Safari: Humboldt will fight along side you during the "safari".
Effects of player actions
Jacob accompanies you during the Plik's Safari quest, and helps you fight off feral ghouls. He will most likely die during the course of the Safari, unless he is reverse-pickpocketed higher level weapons and armor. If he survives the initial Safari, he simply disappears from the game.
|Dirty pre-War businesswear|
Drops on death
- If he survives, he will say "Mr. Plik has done it again" (although he also says this before starting) hinting that he may have managed to survive a safari before. However, most would assume that is not possible because of his poor stats.
- He actually has great Small Guns skill, but his health is only marginally higher than average, making him unsuited for surviving prolonged combat.
- He is likely to survive a little longer than the other participant in the Safari, Rip Smithy, as his weapon will do more damage than Smithy's lever-action rifle.
- "Mr. Plik's really outdone himself this time."
- "Stay close - we'll both be better for it."
- "Good show! Very well fought."
- "Warmest regards."
- It is reported that if you play Point Lookout on different profiles, he will change ethnicity, from white to black or black to white.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.77: "Jacob Humboldt
Fascinated by the ancient history of the United States, Jacob is a keen collector of Confederate memorabilia, and is currently testing out his recent historically inaccurate shotgun before he goes Ghoul hunting in the swamps."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)