Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
... The Great Journey awaits! To the promised land we go! To the Far Beyond!”— Jason Bright
Jason Bright is the glowing one leader of the Bright Brotherhood ghouls at the REPCONN test site in Fallout: New Vegas. He is an unique glowing one, with a resonating, transcendent voice, intact sanity, and an unique appearance.
Background[edit | edit source]
Bright was born with his auspicious surname before the Great War. Following the war and the creation of his brotherhood, Bright affirmed that the creator has a destiny for everyone and his was to be a glowing one and lead his people to a promised land. Vision after vision tells that the "Far Beyond" is a beautiful place away from wasteland barbarity and Bright intends for himself and his flock, composed of sentient and feral ghouls, to use the rockets at the REPCONN test facility to fly there.
However, when preparation for the Great journey was nearly complete, the cult was attacked by invisible "demons" without warning and nearly half of Jason's followers were killed or went missing. This caused all work toward the "Great Journey" to come to a standstill. They were forced to move to the upper levels of the REPCONN test site. After this, the demons shouted threats at the ghouls and said that they'd kill any ghoul that came down to the basement, but if they stayed where they were, the demons said that they would let them live in peace. When asked about it, he will imply that the Courier was sent by the "creator" to help them, and then he asks them to rid the demons from the basement of the REPCONN test site.
Should the Courier get rid of the "demons," progress on the rockets will start up again and Chris Haversam, the main scientist who is also a human, will get back to work, hoping to be saved in the Far Beyond. However, being human, Haversam will not survive the journey's radiation. Bright does not take pleasure in deceiving Haversam, but such is the creator's will.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Come Fly With Me: Jason Bright asks the player to remove the nightkin from the facility's basement, so that the ghouls can set out on the Great Journey.
- I Could Make You Care: If Veronica's present, talking to Jason increments the dialogue counter necessary to start her quest.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Jason Bright's outfit1|
Before launch: Space suit
Space suit helmet
Drops on death
- 1 - Jason Bright's outfit is what gives him his unique appearance and cannot be pick-pocketed, as it's marked unplayable.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "[Who are you?] I am Jason Bright, the prophet of the Great Journey. All the ghouls you see here are members of my flock."
- "Gather, all. May the creator guide my words and help me speak true... The almighty creator has seen fit to answer our prayers. The time has come for us to board the rockets and begin the Great Journey. Though it may seem that all humans despise us, the creator has seen fit to instruct us differently. The Journey ahead would have been impossible if not for the intercession of two human friends, one new, the other a long-abiding companion. To our new friend, we say thanks, and promise never to forget how he cleared from our path the demons who sought to stay our Journey. But to Chris, we owe more than thanks. Chris, you have made this Great Journey a reality. From this moment forward, you will be remembered as the Saint of the Great Journey. We shall never forget you. I ask that you forgive us, Chris, and give us your blessing, and we bestow ours upon you. Seekers, board the rockets, take your seats. The Great Journey awaits! To the promised land we go! To the Far Beyond!"
- "[I'm here because feral ghouls have been wandering into Novac.] And they've been shooting them down like animals, haven't they? Those ghouls were members of my flock, even after the madness consumed their minds. We never let them wander free. We kept them safe on the first floor. We kept them contained. The demons must have let them out, somehow... And now they are lost forever, denied the salvation and healing glow of the Far Beyond... Please, wanderer, bear in mind that every feral ghoul you spare now is one that we can save later. Once the way is clear, our feral brothers and sisters will accompany us on the Great Journey. If there are any left..."
- "[Tell me more about these "demons."] The demons appeared from nowhere... except it might be more accurate to say they never actually "appeared" at all. The demons are invisible. Where one of them stands, the most one sees is the air shimmering, like sunlight on water... They set upon us as we were on our way to worship one morning. We had just entered the basement. My flock fought bravely, and killed a few, but at such cost. Nearly half of us died or went missing. The rest of us retreated up here. One of the demons raved at us, but they have not tried to attack us since. Still, their demonic presence brought all progress towards the Great Journey to a standstill. But now you have come. Once again, the creator has sent a human to help us across a seemingly insurmountable obstacle."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Jason Bright appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.