The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Better image needed
An image on this page has quality issues that need to be rectified. Please help The Vault by editing or replacing it with a better version.
Background[edit | edit source]
Jay was investigating the disappearance of a bride in the Ultra-Luxe, but was mysteriously killed before finding anything of value.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Beyond the Beef: The matchbook he carries informs the player to meet his informant in the steam room at 4:00 PM.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- With the Wild Wasteland trait, he is replaced by Crusoe, a similar detective who is also found dead in the same room.
- Jay Barnes wears a unique non-player character only trench coat and fedora that you can't take from his corpse.
- If the player hacks off a limb it will appear to have the entire trenchcoat scrunched up on the limb and the body will remain intact despite having the head/legs/arms severed.
- When resurrected via console, he immediately dies however resurrecting him using "resurrect 1" will make him stand up.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Jay Barnes appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.