The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
What the hell? You're that courier Benny wasted back in Goodsprings. You're supposed to be dead.”— Jessup, Fallout: New Vegas
Background[edit | edit source]
When encountered in Boulder City, Jessup is holding 2 NCR troopers, privates Ackerman and Gilbert, hostage. He also accompanied Benny, who shot the Courier in the opening cutscene, and dug the Courier's grave after he/she was shot. He argued, albeit briefly, with Benny over the burial of Chance, whom he had watched out for since the onset of Benny's mission. Jessup was able to easily intimidate Benny into allowing the burial, as the other Khans backed his threat.
During many portions of the graphic novel he exhibits fierce loyalty to the Khans and more personally to Chance, watching over the troubled man as if he were a brother or son. It is no surprise that later in Boulder City he holds sway over them as a leader figure following the death of McMurphy.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Boulder City Showdown: Jessup can either be convinced to let the captives go with a speech check of 45, killed, or informed that all the NCR troopers in the area are dead.
- They Went That-a-Way: Upon saying you're going to get Benny on the New Vegas Strip, Jessup will give you Benny's lighter, advising you to "shove it up his ass when you catch up to him."
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Great Khan suit armor|
|Engraved Cigarette Lighter|
Chairmen Job Offer
Drops on death
|No additional items|
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "What the hell? You're that courier Benny wasted back in Goodsprings. You're supposed to be dead."
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If you help Jessup get out of Boulder City without killing anyone (through the speech check) he will say he has a long walk ahead of him, if you meet him at the Great Khan settlement in Red Rock Canyon, he will still say he has a long walk ahead of him.
- You may randomly find Jessup dead near Vault 19 for unexplained reasons. This is probably due to the slight deathclaw activity in the area.
- If you head to Red Rock Canyon after helping Jessup get safely out of Boulder City, Jessup will attack you ONLY if you have Raul Tejada in your party. Only the Great Khans that returned with Jessup from Boulder City will help him attack; the other Great Khans that originally resided in Red Rock will not.
- If you resolve Boulder City Showdown diplomatically after stealing the Engraved cigarette lighter from him, Jessup will give you another.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Jessup in the All Roads comic