Corpse of Prime
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
This scavenger hunt of sorts begins by activating a terminal on the ground floor of the Museum of Technology and receive a note called Tech Museum Loot. There is a series of secret codes hidden within informational terminals around the museum. This is part of a series of security tests for a scavenger, Prime's allocation of loot for another comrade expected to show up at the Museum. Be careful, you only get one attempt at entering the codes. If you make an error, you will not be able to complete this quest.
Although Prime alludes that he has left '...the usual breadcrumbs' for the player to follow. The clue is actually in Prime's name, as the correct numbers are all prime values (integers divisible by only themselves and the number 1). Successfully unlocking all three terminals will grant the player the password for the security office terminal, allowing them to unlock the safe.
The first terminal is on the wall straight ahead when you enter the museum. The passcode is '19'. As soon as you enter the west wing, the second terminal will be on your immediate left (it will be the second terminal to the right). It's passcode is 53. The third terminal is on the bottom floor near the Delta IX rocket. The passcode is 113.
The safe is located west of the planetarium in the security office that overlooks the Virgo II. Inside, the safe holds approximately 200 bottle caps, sundry other valuables, and the gun locker key for the planetarium office's cabinet. This cabinet contains several firearms, including a laser pistol or missile launcher and assorted ammunition (greatly varies, usually 3x assault rifles and a random weapon/ammunition).
After unlocking the safe, the player receives another note from Prime, Earned Your Share. In the note Prime tells his buddy to meet him at the "usual spot", the Diner near Jury Street Metro Station, which is marked on your map the moment you access the password. By the time you arrive, Prime is dead (lying on a table behind the counter), but is still worth finding. His corpse is in possession of 500 more caps, explosives, ammunition, and the unique weapon, the Xuanlong assault rifle.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The number in the terminal where you start the quest will be #000, it's at the bottom of the list of choices in the terminal. After reading it will change it to #001, where you enter the first of the three passwords.
- Mysteriously, the player is not actually given the password to the locked terminal in the Security Overlook in the West Wing. The game simply brings up the Earned your share note.
- Prime's body will only be at the diner if you have accessed all terminals.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes unlocking the third terminal doesn't give you the password for the security office. Even after hacking the security computer you cannot unlock the safe. Reloading a save game from before you entered the Museum of Technology and unlocking the terminals in the following order circumvents this bug: 3/1/2.
- After activating all the terminals and getting the note, Prime's body sometimes does not show up in its entirety (only a hand or foot) at Jury Street Metro, and whether or not the whole body is present, no loot is found on Prime. This bug is caused by another non-player character looting his corpse while you're away. On the PC, use the console and click the body (or body part). When Prime comes up at the top of the screen, type 'resurrect' and hit enter. Exit the console and blow his head apart, and voila - all the original loot.