This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Jingwei without the hat
You fool! You will be crushed by the might of the Chinese Army!”— General Jingwei
Background[edit | edit source]
General Jingwei was the commander of Chinese forces on the Alaskan Front and masterminded the invasion, leading his forces in a sweep across the state until the U.S. military forced the Chinese into a stalemate at Anchorage. He managed his troops with ruthless efficiency in all tactical deployments and was regarded as a cruel, but effective taskmaster. He demanded unquestioning loyalty from his forces. As a result, the 127th Iron Division was one of the most fanatical and powerful units of the Chinese army. Jingwei himself was a formidable presence on the battlefield, fighting with a twisted sense of honor that rationalized his bouts of savagery.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Operation: Anchorage!: Jingwei is the "boss" character of the simulation, possessing considerably more health than the average soldier. Combined with his armor, which gives him a total damage resistance of 31%, Jingwei has the practical health total of over 1000 hit points at higher levels. The player faces him at the refinery, where he executes an American prisoner with his shocksword, before talking to the player.
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
- The player has to defeat Jingwei to complete the simulation. Combat is a challenge, as Chinese soldiers and American troops battle all around the player.
- The alternative is using a Speech dialogue option to convince Jingwei of his defeat. The general commits suicide. Charisma of 4 and Speech of 90 confer a 100% success chance.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|General Jingwei's uniform|
Chinese general hat
Drops on death
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I'll see your blood on my blade before today is done!"
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to reverse pickpocket Jingwei's uniform using Winterized combat armor (or the extra ones obtained from the Quartermaster). This is done by knocking him over with a critical hit from the Gauss rifle (preferably by targeting his sword in VATS as to not accidentally kill him). Afterward, search his inventory and leave the Chinese compound via the third-person camera glitch on the door (leaving the map is necessary to make him re-equip your armor). Upon returning, knock him down again and re-search his inventory to take his outfit. It is also possible to glitch his uniform (as with other objects) outside the simulation via the Gary 23 exploit.
- Similarly it is possible to obtain the sim version of his sword by shooting it out of his hand then quickly grabbing it before he does.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The cutscene may not end correctly, leaving the player and Jingwei staring at each other angrily, but unable to resolve the tension. This is usually caused by reloading the autosave or a manual save made during the cutscene.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.74: "General Jingwei
A cruel and effective taskmaster and a ruthlessly efficient tactician, General Jingwei led the Communist forces in their sweep across Alaska, until stopped by U.S. forces near the city of Anchorage. Carrying a potent Shocksword, Jingwei is a formidable foe who is prone to bouts of savagery and who demands unquestioning loyalty from his soldiers. He is a real menace but always fights with a sense of honor, however twisted his reasoning becomes."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)