The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Better image needed
An image on this page has quality issues that need to be rectified. Please help The Vault by editing or replacing it with a better version.
There he is, hold it right there!”— John Kendall, Fallout 3.
John Kendall is a security officer in Vault 101 in Fallout 3.
Tough, friendly, and no-nonsense, he’s not actively sinister, but he’ll follow orders without thinking about it too much. He is not an introspective sort of guy: he loves being a cop and doesn't worry about whether what he’s doing is right; he is the law.
During the Lone Wanderer's tenth birthday party on July 13, 2268, Officer Kendall can be overheard talking with the Overseer in the stairway to the Upper Level. Officer Kendall is assigned by the Overseer to give the party just a few more minutes and then make sure everyone gets back to work.
He is the husband of Mary Kendall and the father of Christine and Monica.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Escape!: The player runs into Kendall just outside the starting room. He is fighting radroaches and will turn on the player once they are gone.
- Trouble on the Homefront: If he survived the escape, Kendall will be present in the Vault, bitter over the loss of life caused by James' escape.
|Vault 101 security armor|
Drops on death
- As a 10 year old, before completing the quest Growing Up Fast, you can pickpocket Kendall for 2 stimpaks.
- If you evade Officer Kendall instead of killing him, he will always appear at the closest level entrance anywhere in Vault 101 whenever you load a saved game from the main menu.
John Kendall appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.88: "Officer John Kendall
Tough, friendly, and no-nonsense, he's not actively sinister, but he'll follow orders without thinking about it too much. He is not an introspective sort of guy. He loves being a cop and doesn't worry about whether what he’s doing is right; he is the law."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)