The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Jonas in 2268, still alive
Don't mean to rush you, Doc, but I'd feel better if we got this over with.”
Background[edit | edit source]
Wholesome, good-humored, and kind, Jonas was selected to be James' assistant, so that he would keep the doctor's inventiveness in check. The plan backfired, as Jonas' curiosity and easy going nature resulted in the two becoming fast friends. Apart from helping him run the clinic at Vault 101, Jonas was also complicit in James' experiments in water purification. His involvement helped keep a tight lid on the experiments and prevent the Overseer from learning about them.
Unfortunately, this came at a price. When James fled the Vault, Jonas was accosted and then beaten to death by Stevie Mack on orders from the Overseer, in order to learn about the intentions of the absent doctor. Jonas did not say a word.verification overdue, remove
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Growing Up Fast: Jonas is first encountered during the Lone Wanderer's 10th birthday when your dad takes you down to the generator room to give you your present (a BB gun). Jonas takes a picture of you and your dad.
- Escape!: The Note from Dad holodisk can be looted from Jonas's body, containing a message pertaining to James' escape.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Vault 101 lab uniform|
Drops on death
|Note from Dad|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- After the Lone Wanderer receives a BB gun for their 10th birthday and kills a radroach, Jonas is able to be punched or shot until he is unconscious. However, he will still take the photo of the Lone Wanderer and their father while he is unconscious.
- During Growing Up Fast the Lone Wanderer can talk to him via the intercom?
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Hey, hey, hey, sport! It's been a while since you stopped in here to see us! It's the big G.O.A.T. day today, right?"
- "Good luck with the G.O.A.T., buddy/cutie!"
- "Good morning! Stopped in to see the old man before class, eh?"
- "Good luck on the G.O.A.T."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Jonas appears only in Fallout 3.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- The Lone Wanderer: "What happened down here?"
Lucy Palmer: "My poor grandson Jonas died, is what happened. They say it was just an accident in all the confusion, but I know it was the Overseer."
(Lucy Palmer's dialogue)
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.79: "Jonas Palmer
Wholesome, good-humored, and kind, Jonas has been your father's assistant for as long as you can remember, and you get along famously."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)