The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
You've been a godsend.”
Background[edit | edit source]
Julie Farkas administers of the struggling New Vegas branch of the Followers of the Apocalypse. Aside from research, the Followers provide food to Fressiders, but are ill equipped to readily provide medical services. They take whatever donations they can, but no one has been generous enough to lend medical supplies to them. What they really need is a steady supplier of medicine. According to her, it would be a godsend if the Followers were able secure a regular supply of medicine, but the Crimson Caravan is too steep, so the Followers need to think locally. Additionally, a couple people used to be great assets before the became chem addicts.
As administrator to the New Vegas branch of the Followers, she knows much about the surrounding Freeside neighborhood, including information on the ruling gang known as the Kings, and the unsavory businesses in Freeside. Even though it is outside of her duties as regional manager, Farkas has tried to make peace between the NCR squatters and the Freeside locals, but has had no luck.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 385-3165|
Sells: Medical supplies, Skill magazine
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- High Times: Farkas asks the player to find Bill Ronte and Jacob Hoff and get them cleaned up.
- Cry Me a River: The player has to ask permission from Farkas for Jerry the Punk to join the Followers.
- G.I. Blues: Julie sends the Courier to Elizabeth Kieran.
- I Could Make You Care: Julie will say a trigger line for the quest to start.
- Nothin' But a Hound Dog: Farkas will tell the Courier about how to get Rex help in transplanting a new brain.
- Wild Card: Finishing Touches: The Courier can ask her for the Followers to help keep peace in the New Vegas region when New Vegas becomes fully independent.
- Friend of the Followers: Julie is worried about the supply of medical equipment they have at the Old Mormon Fort and asks you to ask around to see if they can get a steady supply. You yourself can also donate medicine to her.
- Long-Term Care: Julie wants to strike a deal with some local merchants to keep their chem supply flowing.
- Short-Term Treatment: Julie needs supplies for day-to-day use and is willing to accept any donations of Med-X, Fixer, and RadAway.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- When you first talk to Julie Farkas, she will ask if you can spare any medical supplies. Giving her supplies increases Followers fame, and if you give her enough supplies, she will offer to sell you skill magazines and her medical supplies at a discount.
Effects of the player's actions[edit | edit source]
- After completing High Times, she will give you 1 stimpak, RadAway or Fixer every 24 hours. The Fixer and RadAway can be traded back to her for XP and Followers of the Apocalypse fame.
- Also, after completing High Times and raising your fame with the Followers of the Apocalypse to Idolized, Julie will ask you to join the Followers. It appears that the trigger to this invitation is tied to providing her an abundance of medical supplies, which is reached when she makes the above-mentioned offer of magazines and purchase discounts. Upon joining, you will be given the Followers lab coat.
- After the player achieves an idolized status with the Followers, she will eventually refer them to Emily Ortal for The Moon Comes Over the Tower quest to help continue the Followers' work.
- If idolized, the player will also be offered medical services (such as Chem removal, Rads removal, etc.) at a discounted price (usually about 50%).
- Depending on the player's reputation towards the Follower's Farkas will have well varied responses for any reputation the player has, from Mixed to Good Natured Rascal and from Liked to Hated, Julie will make a unique comment or greeting based on their reputation.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Followers doctor coat|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even though she asks the Courier to talk to the Crimson Caravan about supplies, there is no option to talk to Alice McLafferty about the Followers.
- She also recommends Mick & Ralph's for the above unmarked quest. While there is a dialogue option upon investigating there, it serves only to direct you to the Atomic Wrangler.
- The above mentioned dialogue with Ralph is only available as long as no chems were given to Julie.
- After the update there is an upper limit to how many Fixer, Rad-Away or Med-X you can turn in, in increments of three, about 15-21 doses of each.
- Julie's surname: "Farkas" is Hungarian for "wolf".
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The character model of Julie Farkas has a spiked, punk hairdo, a nod to Nicole, the founder and leader of the Followers of the Apocalypse in the original Fallout.
- There is orphaned dialogue to suggest that originally Julie Farkas would go and see the King during G.I. Blues. She has an AI package that makes her sit down somewhere called VFSJulieFarkasMeetWithKingPackage, and then VFSJulieFarkasKingSuiteGreeting seems to suggest the King is introducing her to the player, to which she can then respond that you have already met or not. The next piece of dialogue seems to suggest that she doesn't know who is causing the violence, and for the player to find out. In the final game she of course says to speak to her friend giving out food.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Cry Me A River is failed prior to speaking with her, the dialog options to allow Jerry the Punk to join will be present. Even if
- Followers Safehouse on your map, the subtitles read: "I'll just mark it mark it on your map." When she marks the location to the
- Julie Farkas will have an endless supply of skill magazines for sale if you exploit a dialogue bug that is covered in the discussion section on this page
- Julie Farkas has a bugged dialogue option regarding helping the NCR at Hoover Dam after joining the Followers, rendering the vast majority of players unable to get the NCR aid ending for them. The reason for this is that the dialogue option checks if you didn't progress far enough in regards to the NCR main quest, when it's intended that you should be able to afterward. A fix can be found here.
- NOTE: This is no longer needed, fixed in Fallout: New Vegas patch 184.108.40.2065
- She may run through the graphics line and disappear forever if caused to flee.
- G.I. Blues (Unknown what may trigger this) making it impossible for you to ask the NCR to cease fire on Pacer. Julie Farkas may disappear permanently during the quest
- Followers Safehouse even if you are idolized by the Followers. She may not give you the key to the
- While inside her office at the Old Mormon Fort she may become much larger than a normal character model. The player at full height only being as tall as her shoulder.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Julie Farkas appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.