Jury Street township
|Map Marker||Jury Street Metro Station|
|Cell Name||JuryStreetMetroExterior (exterior)|
FFSuperMutantCamp01 (super mutant camp)
|ref id||000010b0 (exterior)|
000010ca (super mutant camp)
Jury Street township is a location in the Capital Wasteland.
Jury Street township is due west of Vault 101, one of the closest landmarks in that direction. Directly north of Jury Street is Vault 106, and Calverton is located to the southwest.
It is centered around the Metro station called Jury Street metro station. Nearby is Gold Ribbon Grocers, Hank's Electrical Supply some vacant buildings, and a radio tower that once activated Morse code broadcasts on a frequency named Oscar Tango.
The larger area surrounding the Station is particularly rich in unique loot, with few hostiles (mostly raiders.) The loot includes nine skill books, two mini-nukes, alien power cells, and a Nuka-Cola Quantum not to mention the treasure carried by Prime, who only appears at the diner once the unmarked quest Jiggs' Loot is begun in the Museum of Technology, and his weapon the Xuanlong assault rifle can only be obtained by completing the quest.
Following the road east, later southeast will lead to a checkpoint, a military truck guarded by a Mister Gutsy or sentry bot.
- Between Jury Street Metro and Vault 101 (to the east), there is a mini nuke and a motorcycle handbrake in the ground floor of a barn on a shelf.
- Inside the Metro station itself, there is a makeshift infirmary at the top of the escalators. A copy of Dean's Electronics and a bottlecap mine are on the workbench there. On a bench nearby, you will find some cherry bombs. There are also some bedrolls located nearby.
- Several boxes of Sugar Bombs, one copy each of Nikola Tesla and You and Tumblers Today, missiles, and a mini-nuke can be found in Gold Ribbon Grocers, to the west of the Metro entrance.
- A Big Book of Science and a pre-War book can be found in the Signal Oscar Tango origin room, in the street by the unmarked antenna and dilapidated houses just south of Jury Street Metro Station. Just walk south and look for the "Drainage Chamber" on the local map on your Pip-Boy.
- In the back of a truck to the south-southwest is some common loot and a copy of U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes. Also, down the street directly west of the truck at the last house on the left you can find Nikola Tesla and You on a small wooden bookshelf. In the last house on the right is a Hard-locked safe.
- West of the truck (southwest from the Metro station) is the unmarked Calverton chapel. A scripted encounter may be triggered at the doorway: coming around the left side of the chapel, a raider armed with a flamer in pursuit of the unfortunate victim of the flames. There are tripwire traps at either end of the chapel. Inside are a Pugilism Illustrated, a Lying, Congressional Style and a mini-nuke. Upon entering the chapel, three more raiders will spawn outside.
- Alien power cells can be found under an overturned truck in a radioactive crater west of Jury Street Metro Station - halfway to Fort Bannister, south of VAPL-58 Power Station. There is also an easy-locked safe in the crater containing random loot, and an easy-locked footlocker that may contain a Stealth Boy.
Jury Street township appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
- There is no real-world Jury Street Metro Station. Court House Metro Station is located in Arlington, VA close to where the Jury Street Metro Station might be.
Walking in the area around Jury Street Station may result in the player sinking partway into the ground and "bouncing" back up to normal repeatedly. Also when trying to access the upper hatch of a store, it may exit the player inside the building and render him and any enemy units nearby invincible to ranged weaponry attacks.