K9000 cyberdog gun
|For an overview of Minigun models throughout the Fallout series, see Minigun.|
K9000 cyberdog gun
FINE. DONE. THAT GUN MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE ANYWAY, ALWAYS WORRIED ITS GOING TO HUMP MY CHASSIS. ANYTHING ELSE, LOBOTOMITE?”— Dr. Klein
Background[edit | edit source]
This Big MT experimental weapon is controlled by a dog brain, which can help sniff out hostile personnel. When fired, its three barrels reciprocate one after the other, throwing .357 Magnum rounds downrange at a rapid speed. The gun is also fitted with a telescopic scope.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon is actually a peculiar form of cyberdog; rather than a robotic frame in the design of a canine companion, a living dog's brain has been provided with a machine gun frame, utilizing .357 magnum ammunition. Its "K9 (canine)" features include two metallic "ears" mounted on top of the weapon that move like a real dogs, and a "curious nose sensor" mounted on the jar containing its preserved brain, allowing the gun to sense its surroundings. The metal ears also appear to move up and down faster if the gun is pointing in the direction of an enemy.
It will growl when the player has it equipped and comes into contact with enemies, whine (mournfully) when they un-equip it, and will bark when equipped. It also has, atypically for a machine gun, a telescopic sight (x2.43 magnification) which gives a relatively accurate aiming point and excellent precision in firing for a chain-gun type weapon. When fired, the three barrels reciprocate rather than spinning like those of a typical minigun.
The K9000 can also detect enemies out of visual and Perception range. When the weapon and its sniffer hover in the direction of an enemy for a few seconds, it will let out a detection growl, even at extreme range or when the enemy is hidden from appearing on radar.
The K9000 cyberdog gun can fire 2495 standard rounds or just short of 50 magazines from full condition before breaking.
Weapon modifications[edit | edit source]
- K9000 mod - Mentat chow, increases rate of fire by 40%
- K9000 mod - Resla Roil, increases weapon damage by 2.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- FIDO, a stronger variant that can be crafted using a K9000.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|K9000 cyberdog gun||Machine gun||26||182||7||x0.5||13||1.35||27||.357 Magnum round||50||27||500||7500||Guns:75 Strength:8|
|FIDO||Machine gun||36||252||7||x0.5||18||1.5||28||.44 Magnum round||50||27||500||9500||Guns:75 Strength:9|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- The player receives it from the Think tank after passing a Guns check of 50.
- Without the necessary Guns skill one can be found in the X-12 research center, carried by the Y-17 master trauma harness (upgraded sonic emitter required).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The K9000 cyberdog gun causes certain distress in Dr. Klein, as he is afraid that the gun may attempt to "hump his chassis".
- When fully upgraded, the K9000 cyberdog gun will have a higher DPS than its unique variant, FIDO.
- It is one of the rarest non-unique weapons, with a maximum of two being obtainable.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- 12 shell casings are ejected after a V.A.T.S. attack, but only 3 rounds are fired.
- When using a Stealth Boy with the K9000 cyberdog gun equipped, the brain case turns yellow.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Terminal, Check out this mod I've been working on!
- The Courier: "This sonic gun looks like an energy projectile. Got anything that spits lead?"
Klein: "[SUCCEEDED] WHAT DID IT SAY? SPIT "LEAD?" WHAT, LIKE PENCILS?"
0: "*O... I think it wants a combustion pistol.*"
Borous: "-A GUN! Are you MAD?! We can't give it a GUN! GUNS kill, leave big open holes in you that are like sores but WORSE.-"
Dala: "Dr. 8 is correct. We already have given the teddy bear a lethal sonic death ray filled with his sonic ejaculate and sterilized by my soft WooWOOing. Giving the teddy bear a gun would be the equivalent of following a glass of hemlock with an Abraxo chaser. Delicious and redundantly deadly."
Klein: "IF WE'RE GOING TO BRING THE SOCRATIC METHOD INTO IT, FINE. GIVE THE LOBOTO-BEAR A COMBUSITON GUN. BOROUS? DON'T YOU HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT?"
Borous: "-Are you MAD?! We can't give it a GUN! GUNS...- -...wait, I said that already. Yes, I have THE Cyberdog Gun. With the little floppy metal ears and the curious nose sensor. Here.-"
Klein: "FINE. DONE. THAT GUN MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE ANYWAY, ALWAYS WORRIED ITS GOING TO HUMP MY CHASSIS. ANYTHING ELSE, LOBOTOMITE?"
(Klein's, Dala's, Borous, 0's, and 8's dialogue)