It's not skag work. You'll need to do 'it' quick and clean. The boss'll give you details, but it's more money than you'll make in a month working for the caravans, but only if you're good enough. We don't take kindly to failures, if you know what I mean.”
When it comes to the Hub Underground, there is only one man feared more than Decker: Kane. He is the most trusted adviser of the crime lord and the final solution for his many sticky problems. He is a large, powerful man with a talent for the martial arts. He prefers his combat close and personal, becoming an absolute powerhouse if he manages to close distance.
What's worse, there are brains to go with the brawn. He is quite aware of the forces at play in the Hub and executes the will of his boss to the letter. He is ruthless towards those who cross Decker, but quite amiable towards those who follow orders and are professional with their work. He also has healthy respect for accomplished mercenaries.
His position made him a prime target for the more lawful forces of the Hub, but Kane is confident enough in the influence of the Underground to spend his days in the open. Indeed, he serves as the first security layer for the crime boss. Anyone wishing to meet him has to be cleared by Kane.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Dispose of merchant., Dispose of Jain.: Kane has to clear the player to meet Decker and receive the quests. He also hands out the payment and any additional information for the job.
- Take down Decker: Decker and Kane have to be killed to make the Underground surrender. Kane is truly a force to be reckoned with in close combat.
Effects of player action
- If the player refuses a job, they will be kicked out... While Kane will get a hair trigger and go hostile if the player tries to talk to him more than two times afterwards.
|Leather jacket (not lootable)|
Drops on death
- "I don't think you understood me. Let me clarify. If you don't watch your manners, you will find yourself dead, tough gal."
- "Don't touch that door, if you want to live. I'm the only one that can open that door."
- "Not bad, not bad at all, you surprised me. I didn't think you'd be that tough to beat. I'm normally a good judge in character, maybe you are what we're looking for. Are you interested in a job?"
- "I'm sure you're familiar with our sort of business, so let me just say it would be in your best interest to keep this to yourself. Shall we?"
- "Sure, but let me know as soon as you can. The sooner the job's done, the better."
- "No, let me clarify--if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."
- "That's a secret you'll be taking to the grave. Decker will never talk to a skag like you."
Kane appears only in Fallout.