Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Keith (Fallout: New Vegas)
Name's Keith. You feeling lucky? I got games of chance, games of skill, games of you-name-it. Want to win a little cash?”
Background[edit | edit source]
Keith has made his home in the Aerotech office park, where he has developed a dubious reputation. For one, he "makes his own luck" with some marked cards and hustles peoples at caravan, especially when a "fat score rolls into town." On top of that, he keeps a stash of Jet around "for emergencies" and makes a killing selling it to junkies around the office park. Looking out only for himself, Keith is naturally a coward and is liable to do something desperate is confronted.
Captain Parker definitely suspects that Keith is selling chems and conning people, but he can't prove anything without some concrete evidence, and has no time to investigate Keith himself, especially when he has a refugee camp to administrate. It does not help that Keith likes to get the captain worked up, and is a general nuisance to anyone not chemmed out of their mind.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character plays Caravan.||They can bid caps.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Keith's Caravan Charade: The player is asked to find evidence that will allow Captain Parker to shut him down, stopping his predatory practices. The evidence requires Barter 45 to learn about his drug dealing and Speech 60 to find out how he cheats. The player can also locate Keith's marked cards and present them as evidence. The resulting confrontation ends badly for Keith.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Three random caravan cards
Drops on death
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Name's Keith. You feeling lucky? I got games of chance, games of skill, games of you-name-it. Want to win a little cash?"
- "Hey there - fancy a game of Caravan?"
- "I guess Lady Luck just smiles on me, that's all. Nothing special about it."
- "What? Are you some kind of idiot? Why, uh... why would I know that?" (refusing to know anything about chems)
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Keith appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "I've run some cons in my day - one clever bastard to another, what's your trick?"
Keith: "[SUCCEEDED] You know how they say you make your own luck? Let's just say I make mine with a little extra ink on the cards."
The Courier: "Marked cards, huh? A little bit obvious, but not bad."
Keith: "Hey, it's not like I use them all the time. Mostly I keep them in my shack until I see a really fat score roll into town."
(Keith's dialogue (Fallout: New Vegas))
- The Courier: "Gambling's not my scene. Maybe you could hook me up with something "medicinal?""
Keith: "[SUCCEEDED] Oh, I getcha. Lookin for a slightly more chemical thrill? Okay, I tell you what - I happen to keep some Jet around for emergencies. 35 caps and it's yours."
(Keith's dialogue (Fallout: New Vegas))
- The Courier: "Sure, I'm in. Why not?"
Parker: "Glad to have you. Let's go. Just stick close and follow my lead. Keith's a cowardly son of a bitch, but he might try something if he's desperate."
- The Courier: "I've got proof that Keith is selling drugs and using marked cards."
Parker: "Drugs and crooked gambling? Can't say I'm surprised. Here, you've earned this. I'm going to go take Keith into custody. If you're interested in a little extra pay, I wouldn't mind the back-up."
- The Courier: "Tell me about this "Keith.""
Parker: "Keith's a two-bit hustler, he runs a gambling operation out of his shack. Ask me, he wins way too often to be playing fair. I suspect he's running drugs, too, I just can't prove it. Maybe you can find something - talk to him, poke around his shack, something."
- Parker: "Keith! In the name of the NCR, I'm placing you under arrest for illicit gambling and the sale of unlicensed chems."
Keith: "Fuck you man, I ain't going nowhere with you."
Parker: "Come quietly now, I don't want to have to hurt you."
Keith: "Why don't you go cry to your wife, then - oh that's right! She left your worthless stinking ass!"
Parker: "You son of a bitch!"
(Keith's and Parker's dialogue)
- Parker: "Well... that was a bit messier than I would have liked. Was there anything else?"
The Courier: "You just shot that man, solely because he insulted you!"
Parker: "Yep. I always warned him not to push my buttons. Well, ain't nobody going to miss him, anyways. Here you go. I promised you an extra reward for coming along, so that's what you get."