Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Keller (Fallout: New Vegas)
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Background[edit | edit source]
Keller is a member of the New California Republic Rangers working undercover. For months, Keller has been investigating chem trafficking to the local gangs and drug runners/pushers in the New Vegas area. He has currently apprehended Price, a local chem dealer, and has been investigating his local contacts and scheduled meetings.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Dealing with Contreras: The Courier is sent to Miguel's Pawn Shop to find Price, Contreras' contact, but instead Keller is there. Talk to him and report back to Contreras. Contreras will ask the Courier to kill Keller, however the Courier can convince Contreras to work with him, Barter check of 70 or Speech check of 80. Whichever option the Courier took go back to Keller and either kill him or convince him to work with Contreras.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Drops on death
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Contreras the result and dialog option will be the same as if you kept Keller alive and bribed him to play along and keep his mouth shut about the chem trafficking. If you kill Keller in this order you will not take a hit to your reputation with the NCR, and you will gain access to the stash and This Machine. Although it disables the ability to turn him in to Lt. Boyd (This occurs as of patch #2). After talking with Keller and passing the INT/PER check, if you choose to attack and kill Keller after he says you're under arrest, when you return to
- Sometimes, even if you kill him without NCR reputation loss, the NCR will be hostile towards you. A fix for this is to reload to the save after you killed him but before the NCR went hostile and travel to the Strip.
- If you say that you will rat out Contreras, and then kill Keller, you will lose no reputation with the NCR. But when you return to Contreras at Camp McCarren, he will not be there.
- When at the Perception check, you may fail despite having a sufficient Perception score.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Keller appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.