King Cola's Castle
King Cola's Castle
Background[edit | edit source]
The most prominent landmark in Kiddie Kingdom next to the Ferris wheel is this castle, as if ripped straight out of a fairy tale (a very greedy, capitalist fairy tale) and placed in Nuka-World. Kids loved coming here to witness Oswald the Outrageous' daily magic shows, which would consistently sell out after only a few hours.
Oswald the Outrageous still lives in the castle, but loves it for a different reason: all the narrow passageways, choke points, and other features of medieval defenses that make storming it a nightmare.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
The castle is an actual castle insofar as the combat is concerned. To breach it, open the door leading to it over the moat. You will be attacked by ghouls, a trap missile launcher, and land mines. Beyond that lies the outer courtyard, again chock full of ghouls, which leads to the keep and the inner courtyard, where the entrance to the Theater is located.
The battlements of the castle are accessible through the theater (King Cola's Court) (leave through the blue door on the western end of the interior) or the staircase in front of the entrance to the theater and lead around the castle.
King Cola's Court[edit | edit source]
The interior is centered around the central performance hall and stage, where Oswald is confronted. After a short speech, Oswald will use his glowing one powers to heal the ghouls and attack. After dispatching him, pilfer the backstage for loot, then use the stairs to reach the upper level of the backstage. Navigate around the hall to enter the control room, then jump down to the hall. An elevator backstage ascends to the castle's roof, which contains a chemistry station, a terminal and some miscellaneous loot.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The Magician's tuxedo, Oswald's tophat, and Sword of Wonders are all used by Oswald the Outrageous, and can be looted after he is killed. Alternatively, his tophat and sword will be gifted to the Sole Survivor if they manage to convince Oswald that there is no cure or to go help Rachel find the cure.
- The Nuka-Berry recipe is in the dressing room backstage.
- A Nuka-Cade ticket roll is found in the control room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The skeletal remains of two women are in the restroom, one exchanging cash for the other's Day Tripper.
- One of the back dressing rooms is filled with teddy bears dressed identically (bowler hats) doing various things: one is reading a newspaper, another is napping, and some are playing checkers.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Nuka-World loading screen hints: "The highlight of Kiddie Kingdom was Oswald the Outrageous's Magic Show held within King Cola's Court. The show was spectacular, and often sold out for the day within a few hours."