It has been suggested that this article or section should be split in multiple parts. Please help The Vault by discussing this issue on the article's talk page.
|For an overview of knife models throughout the Fallout series, see Knife.|
A sharp bladed cutting weapon.”— In-game description, Fallout
Background[edit | edit source]
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The Knife is a small melee weapon that deals a moderate amount of damage, but characters start with better melee weapons in Fallout 2. Initially, it can serve as a somewhat valuable loot item, making it a helpful find.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Fallout[edit | edit source]
- You start with one Knife when you leave Vault 13, and Ed the skeleton carries one as well.
- Various merchants.
- On a shelf inside the town hall of Shady Sands.
- Shady Sands guards carry them.
- Some of the Khans at the Khan Base carry them.
- Some Junktown guards carry them.
Fallout 2[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The knife in both Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 is based on the Ka-Bar Marine Hunter knife.
- Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p.5-16: "Vault-Tec knives are formed from the hardest steel alloys known to man! The knife is a superb tool, capable of performing many mundane tasks, as well as being a good melee weapon. The knife point and edge will act as a force multiplier, increasing the amount of damage your Strength can do. Not as good as a gun, but better than most other small melee weapons. This knife is not balanced or designed for throwing, as some others are."
- Fallout Official Survival Guide p.113: "Knife: Your basic, garden-variety combat knife. It's no good for throwing, but it will increase the damage you cause in a melee attack."