The knife is a weapon in Fallout: New Vegas.
A simple, all-purpose culinary tool, also called chef's, cook's, or French knife. The large, curved blade is meant to allow the chef to rock the knife on the cutting board to obtain a precise cut, while the weight enables chopping bone. Although unwieldy in combat, it's a decent weapon for the same reasons it's so useful in the kitchen.
A simple chef's knife with low melee damage. Extremely common to the point of being cheap clutter. It is one of the required components in the crafting of the weapon binding ritual in the Honest Hearts add-on. Its availability and low cost makes it ideal for repairing higher-ended one-handed melee weapons with the Jury Rigging perk.
It has a special 'Back Slash' attack, which does 70% damage in V.A.T.S. at the cost of 16 action points (requires a Melee skill of 50).
- All over the Mojave Desert, found most commonly in the kitchens of houses or hotels, tool cabinets and boxes or in the hands of weak thugs. Can also be found if you search and loot Doc Mitchell's house.
- When you encounter Viper Gunslingers and Jackal Gang Members, there is a good chance that they will will be holding this.
- Many common wastelanders have them, but sometimes they cannot be pickpocketed, only taken from the dead body.
- Frequently found on the bodies of NCR troopers.
- Three can be found stuck into a picture of Mr. House, in the kitchen of Dr. 0's house in Higgs Village.
- In the Gourmand's kitchen area, several larger knives can be found, however their size does not change when equipped. If dropped it will remain the same size; if picked up and dropped again it will revert back to the normal size.
- If you move forward and use your special attack with a knife and quickly hold down on the left stick you are still doing the animation, but just going backwards. You can also do the same with some other melee weapons and even if you are unarmed. This trick only works when using a analog control pad.