The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
You here to pay your respects, too?”
Background[edit | edit source]
Kowalski's brother, Donald Kowalski, died at the First Battle of Hoover Dam. When the Courier meets him he is on leave from Camp McCarran and plans to go home to see his family in California with a caravan, going down the 188 trading post, but before he goes on his way he wanted to pay his respects at the memorial.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Defacing the Humble Stone: Desecrating (shooting or otherwise harming) the Boulder City memorial will make a speech prompt and, depending on the Courier's response, may make him become hostile. Killing him will give NCR infamy or cause others to attack the Courier (the latter not confirmed). If the Courier passes the Speech check, and shoots or harms the memorial again, he will not open fire. Calling him and his brother a bitch will cause him to become hostile.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|NCR bandoleer armor|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
Private Kowalski does not remain at the memorial indefinitely, and will disappear from the game world some time after the player resolves the events in Boulder City.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "You here to pay your respects, too?"
- "What the fuck are you doing? My brother died at the Battle of Hoover Dam. You're desecrating a war memorial.
[My apologies. It was rude and disrespectful of me to do that.]
[SUCCEEDED] All right, apology accepted. Don't let it happen again."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Kowalski appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "What is this memorial?"
Kowalski: "It commemorates the Battle of Hoover Dam. The rangers lured the best of Caesar's Legion into Boulder City, then blew the whole town up. The NCR still lost a bunch of troops in the fighting, though. My older brother sacrificed himself so they could evacuate some of the wounded."
- The Courier: "Where are you normally stationed?"
Kowalski: "Camp McCarran, but I'm on leave at the moment - heading back to California to see my folks. I'm supposed to join up with a caravan that's heading that way up at the 188, but they're not due to arrive for awhile yet."
- Kowalski: "You here to pay your respects, too?"