Landview Lighthouse is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
The origins of this landlocked lighthouse are as unusual as the lighthouse itself. Originally conceived as a theoretical concept by engineering students from Morgantown, the concept was ruthlessly mocked by students from a rival university. On a dare the students decided to make the project a reality, and its construction became a point of pride for everyone involved. The project soon took on a life of its own. Before construction began, over a year was spent consulting with the lighthouse enthusiast community for general tips, guidelines, and pitfalls to avoid. From these conversations it became clear that it couldn't come across as just another "tourist trap". It was determined that the lighthouse had to serve as a true aid to navigation, with a working light and authentic architectural design. It had to have an operating beacon and a 360 degree gallery deck for observation. 
The lighthouse was eventually erected in October of 2036. Tourists from all over flocked to the curious structure, and raved about the beautiful view of the landscape it provided from atop the trees. It was dedicated to Donald and Shirley Jamieson, the two professors who helped spearhead the project from the very beginning. The Jamiesons would live in the nearby house where they served as lighthouse keepers full-time, keeping it functional solely on donation money from visitors. Future students continued to develop the landscape over the years - by building a lighthouse keeper's house, a picnic pavilion, and general reforestation to recover from previous timber harvests of the surrounding area.
Landview Lighthouse is a 102 foot tall structure thousands of feet above sea level, with 76 steps to climb for visitors to reach the 360 degree gallery deck. The second tier lamp room features a rotational beacon capable of projecting a beam for over 25 miles. Guests on the 360 degree gallery deck could enjoy unrivaled views of various landmarks in all directions: Beyond the mountain to the north lay Grafton, a major shipping hub and railroad intersection for the area. To the east, Morgantown, home of Vault-Tec University and the founders of the lighthouse! In the distance was the "Top of the World" located at Pleasant Valley Ski Resort, featuring the highest elevation in the region. South, it's impossible to miss the stunning New River Gorge Bridge, one of the longest bridges in Appalachia. On a clear day, the unmistakable silhouettes of the luxury mega mansions in Bramwell can also be spotted.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The lighthouse is straightforward. The tower itself has a spiraling staircase leading to the top, with the remnants of Brother Moncrief, while the house has a buried, collapsed cellar and two floors. It seems the Professors had a rather... Serious fight. With an axe.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Potential bobblehead: On the desk in the upstairs bedroom between the typewriter and Lighthouse Keeper's Terminal, inside the faded yellow house near the lighthouse.
- Potential bobblehead: On the white brick window sill, at the highest gantry platform inside the lighthouse, before the lamp chamber is reached (inside the lighthouse tower).
- Potential magazine: On the dining table with the chair stacked on it, inside the white Lighthouse Keeper's house (interior).
- Potential magazine: On the picnic table, in the covered picnic area south of the lighthouse (exterior).
- Where Am I?:
- Brother Moncrief's Note: By the dead body on top of the lighthouse.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Landview Lighthouse appears in Fallout 76.