The Wattz 1000 laser pistol is an energy weapon in Fallout 2.
The Wattz 1000 laser pistol is a mass produced civilian variant of the laser pistol, offering lower wattage than military or police versions. Its design is one of the primary reasons for the reduced wattage, as rather than a crystal array, it uses a laser diode for focusing light.
The weapons can be easily locked down for transport and storage, preventing unauthorized users from operating the weapon. The proper arming sequence needs to be transmitted to enable the weapon to function.
The laser pistols are the cornerstone of the Salvatores' power in New Reno, received from the Enclave in exchange for chemicals necessary for its vile projects.
Marginally useful in combat, at least one laser pistol is worth keeping due to the fact that it's sought by Eldridge and its upgraded variant can be useful in a pinch. The fact that most
- Magnetic focusing field: Tightens the laser emission, adding a -50% modificator to the target's laser resistance and -5 to laser damage threshold.
- Non-player characters
- Navarro: Standard sidearm of mechanics and technicians.
The pistols have a somewhat important role in New Reno in Fallout 2.
- ↑ In-game description for the laser pistol in Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. 
- ↑ Dialogue files from Fallout 2 - "Pointy end with the laser diode goes toward the enemy. Then pull the trigger." .
- ↑ Citadel terminals; Terminal, AEP7 Laser Pistol: "The AEP7 Laser Pistol was put into service to replace the AEP5, a model which was notorious for its problems with overheating. The AEP7 features a new design in the photonic focusing chamber as well as an entirely redesigned focusing crystal pattern. The bulk and weight have both been reduced over previous models and it was likely that within the new few development cycles, the successor to the AEP7 would replace the n99 10mm as the standard issue sidearm for all forces.
The AEP7 took advantage of new manufacturing techniques developed shortly before the Great War. Although many were produced, most did not make it into field service because of logistics problems concerning their deployment during active wartime.
The AEP7 can be a rare find in the Capital Wasteland, and any models that are produced should be returned to the Citadel for repair and recalibrating before field deployment."
- ↑ Help guard a secret transaction taking place in the desert.