Laurifer Gladiator is an unmarked quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
Inside the Fort, there is an arena at which men (and only men) can boast of their battle prowess in a gladiatorial setting. Speak to Otho about fighting in the arena. During combat, only a machete and gladiator armor can be used; all other equipment is removed from the player's inventory. There are three rounds, and after each one Otho must be spoken to again to begin the next.
|| Two slaves, using machetes.
|| Sergeant Andrews, a captured NCR soldier using a machete.
|| Stella, a captured NCR Ranger, who is deadly with only her fists.
After all the opponents are defeated Otho will comment that nothing would be a challenge for the player, and no further combat will take place. The player's reputation with the Legion will improve.
- Quest items such as the rebreather and Motor-Runner's helmet will not be removed from your inventory during combat.
- After each fight, your items are returned to your inventory all at once, but each one has its own on-screen pop-up message. These messages can take several minutes to clear. To avoid this, the player can place items in any nearby footlocker before starting the quest and collect them at the end. Even though the footlockers are marked as owned, retrieving your items from them does not count as stealing. Saving the game after a fight and then reloading will also cancel the pop-ups.
- After killing Stella and finishing this quest, most of the Legion soldiers around the camp will start commenting about you saying that "they had never seen someone killing an NCR Ranger in the first round in the arena".
Laurifer gladiator loosely translates from Latin as "victorious gladiator".
- Ranger Stella. After fighting against the two slaves, you can put your holdout weapons into their inventory. If you immediately start another round in the arena (against Sergeant Andrews) before the slave's bodies disappear, you can get your weapons from the slave's inventory and fight him with your holdout weapons. This can also be done to fight against
- ↑ Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.370: "Free Quest: Laurifer Gladiator
Otho runs the arena, and he's always looking for challengers to his stable if indentured gladiators. This is a purely small-time operation, but you can ask to compete in the arena, as well as learning the rules (only a Machete, Melee Weapon combat, and light armor). To the death! You can also ask him about how the arena fights work, the Legate, and the Burned Man. For every battle you win, you receive Fame, and the chance to fight a more seasoned opponent."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|