We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Layla (Fallout: New Vegas)
I like to think that we are Prisoners Of War that managed to escape before capture.”
A demoralized soldier of the New California Republic Army, Layla and her three fellow soldiers have thrown away their uniforms and deserted from the front lines of the war with the Legion, to avoid the risk of capture and torture at the hands of Caesar's legionaries. As the Army punishes desertion with death, they are trying to put as many miles between them and the Colorado as possible. New Canaan up north is an attractive option. Problem is, they lost all of their money gambling in Vegas, so they're forced to come up with creative ways of generating income. Primm sounded ripe for the picking, especially after the convicts were cleared out, but the new law introduced by the Courier is a serious obstacle in their way. Thus far they've survived by laying low and dodging patrols, so they might just get away with it.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
- A Team of Moronic Mercenaries: Layla and her fellow deserters accost the player as they enter the vacated Vikki and Vance casino after completing My Kind of Town.
|Merc grunt outfit|
Drops on death
- "What are you doing here? This is our casino, punk."
- Convincing Layla to leave will make all the items in the casino unowned. Killing her, however, will not achieve the same end.
Layla appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "Your turf? I guess the news hasn't reached you yet, Primm has law again."
Layla: "[SUCCEEDED] Fuck, we lose again. We heard Primm was ripe for the picking, so figured we could come here and shakedown some of the suckers. We weren't expecting a sheriff here. We're just trying to put as many miles from NCR as we can, we don't want to be anywhere near New Vegas when the Legion crosses the river."
- The Courier: "Well, they do have a few more troops than the four of you..."
Layla: "No biggie there. We've been avoiding the patrols and staying low key until this mess."