Leather armor (Fallout 3)
|For an overview of leather armor throughout the Fallout series, see leather armor.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Leather armor is an enhanced, one long sleeved, black leather jacket. The female version also lacks a left sleeve, and has football shoulder pads in place of the Road Warrior style pauldrons.
It offers significant protection, being comparable to the recon armor and superior to Vault security armor and the raider armor. Effectively, it's the "poor man's" combat armor. It is a typical armor for mercenaries.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Wanderer's leather armor - A unique version of leather armor.
- Jericho wears an unplayable version of leather armor, which cannot be taken from him or used by the player and has a different ID.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Three cut versions of leather armor can be found in the game files. They are identical to leather armor in all but name and can only be obtained via console commands. They are:
- Commando armor
- Defender armor
- Road rascal leather armor
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- It can usually be bought from any clothing merchant across the wasteland, like Crow and Moira Brown.
- Residents of towns and wastelanders sometimes, but rarely, wear leather armor.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
It resembles the outfit worn by Mad Max in Road Warrior, an Easter egg similar to the leather jacket in previous Fallout titles.