Legion centurion armor
To meet The Vault's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
Legion centurion armor
It is the armor of a Centurion. You have the rare honor of beholding it unspattered by the blood of my inferiors.”— Aurelius of Phoenix
Background[edit | edit source]
Worn by elite officers of Caesar's Legion, the centurion armor is pieced together in patchwork by armors claimed from those they kill. The helmet and chest piece are taken from Super mutant armor. The right sleeve is comprised of T-45d power armor from a Brotherhood of Steel knight, the left pauldron and bandolier are taken from a vault dweller's armored vault suit and the sleeve is taken from and NCR Ranger's patrol armor along with the crotch and thigh guards. Finally, the shin guards are scavenged from standard combat armor.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The Legion centurion armor is by far the strongest suit of armor available to Caesar's Legion, with a full set of both armor and helmet providing a Damage Threshold of 23, only 1 less point than a full set of the famous NCR Ranger combat armor. The armor is composed from other pieces of armor taken from that of the wearer's defeated opponents in combat.
The parts appear to be:
- Helmet of a super mutant brute, polished and with a centurion's frill.
- Right pauldron and forearm of a suit of T-45d power armor. (Coincidentally, the NCR salvaged T-45d power armor is missing the shoulder parts suggesting this piece was taken from a Brotherhood of Steel Paladin).
- Left forearm, gloves and greaves from NCR Ranger patrol armor.
- Chest piece of super mutant's armor.
- Shin guards and the boots from combat armor.
- Both gloves are from leather armor.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Caesar's Legion safehouse - a full set can be found if patch 220.127.116.11x is installed.
- Camp McCarran - Silus is wearing the body part.
- Cottonwood Cove - Aurelius of Phoenix is wearing a set. You can pickpocket his armor very early in the game by reverse-pickpocketing a fully repaired Brotherhood of Steel armor on him found on dead BOS soldiers in the wasteland. Since BOS armor requires training, it's useless to the player at the beginning of the game, but Aurelius can equip it.
- Releasing the radioactive barrels in the quest Eye for an Eye will also kill him. The player can loot his body for the armor afterwards.
- The Legion centurions during the battle of Hoover Dam wear the body armor, and sometimes wear the helmet as well.
- Full sets can be found on Legionary assassin as of patch 18.104.22.1685.
- Dry Wells - Gaius Magnus is wearing the helmet. Only obtainable if the Legion is nuked for Lonesome Road's end.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is considered to be one of the rarest non-unique armors in the game, as there are only two locations where it can be found before the final battle of Hoover Dam, and the helmet is only worn by Aurelius of Phoenix and by the Legion centurions at the last stages of the game. As of patch 22.214.171.1245 they are often worn by Legionary Assassins.
- It is also one of the heaviest medium armors at a weight of 35 pounds making it as heavy as Gannon family Tesla armor.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- When swinging one-handed melee weapons in first person, the camera glitches inside the armor.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The helmet picture from the Pip-Boy 3000.
- The Courier: "Tell me about centurions."
Hanlon: "There's no real equivalent to them in the NCR. Centurions are battle-born, elite officers who earned their rank with blood and sweat. They wear special outfits, too, pieced together from the armor of all their defeated enemies. Good commanders, tough opponents."
- Fallout: New Vegas loading screen hints: "Caesar's most trusted commanders are the centurions: battle-hardened front-line officers who dress in patchwork armor pieced together from their fallen foes."
- Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide concept art section for the centurion armor