This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help The Vault
|DPS (reload)||24 (28.2)|
|Crit Dmg||40||Crit % Mult||x5|
|Ammo Type||10mm round|
|Ammo Cap.||10||Reload Time||3.3|
The lever-action rifle is a weapon in the Fallout 3 add-on Point Lookout.
Based on the Henry rifle, this centuries-old firearm design can be easily found around the Point Lookout area. This lever-action rifle is modern variant on the design, that is, being chambered to fire modern 10mm rounds. Holding ten in the tubular magazine, reloading is a matter of pushing up the spring from the base of the barrel to the end of the magazine and twisting the barrel open. Once open, one gently slides the ammunition down into the magazine rim first.
The lever-action rifle is a high-powered rifle using the common 10mm round. They have a rather low rate of fire, as the action needs to be cycled after every shot, but make up for it by being highly accurate, and having a large ammunition capacity. However, it is delicate and will break easily.
While the models and animations of the lever-action rifle are identical to Lincoln's repeater, they have separate repair lists, and cannot repair one another. The lever rifle can fire exactly 250 shots before breaking.
Similar to the tri-beam laser rifle in Broken Steel, the lever-action rifle has an object effect which inflicts an extra 35 damage per hit when used by non-player characters against the player. This damage ignores Damage Resistance and is independent of the condition of the weapon.
- Haley and Panada will both sell lever-action rifles.
- Scrappers, creepers, and brawlers will each carry these occasionally.
- A single rifle can be found in an alcove on the right side of the bumper car pen, when looking at the bumper cars from the House of Wares. A dead smuggler can also be found in the alcove.
- During the quest Hearing Voices, several rifles can be found in the sea-cave on the floor in the room where you encounter Jackson.
- One can be found on the workbench in the basement of the Trapper's shack
- ↑ This firearm is clearly a Henry rifle variant and as such operates mechanically the same way.