Lewisburg is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
In the 21st century, Lewisburg would remain a small, frontier town, though its unique welcoming atmosphere would earn it the title of Coolest Small Town USA in a 2061 plebiscite. Lewisburg denizens would go to great lengths to maintain that atmosphere, through a variety of initiatives including Sky Gardens (rooftop gardens cultivating produce, flowers, and helping keep the air clean and the community tight), art exhibitions at the local Serenity Road Art Gallery, and festivals in the streets of the city. The sole blight on this almost unbearably happy town was The Ash Heap, belching toxic ash in every direction and forcing the denizens of Lewisburg to use gas mask on days with unfavorable weather...
Lewisburg survived the Great War largely unscathed and stayed organized for years after the war, independent and largely self-sufficient thanks to their sky gardens. Together with the sky bridges providing excellent overwatch positions, they could stand against wildlife and random ne'er-do-wells. Denizens of Lewisburg tried to preserve as much of their culture as they could as well and maintained the tradition of Spring Garden Festivals, which became major trading events as well, with stalls erected to barter weapons, armor, food, and other necessities. Unfortunately, during one of these festivals, raiders decided to exploit their momentary distraction and hit the town, taking to the rooftops and gunning the denizens down.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- Lewisburg is a small town laid out in the shape of a square, with the two streets in the center dividing it into four neat quadrants. The southwest and southeast parts of the town offer little in the way of loot or interest.
- The northern two sectors flank a street where a festival was taking place, with stalls stretching all the way out to the northern end of the town. The northwestern section contains a ruined cafe, with the rooftops (accessible by way of the emergency exit in the back) containing sky gardens with plenty of ash roses and other herbs to gather, as well as a chemistry station and a magazine spawn on the middle building.
- The opposite sector contains the old art gallery on the northwestern corner and the visitors center in the southeast. The emergency exit in the courtyard grants access to the rooftops.
- The visitors center is worth checking out for the terminal entries and a bobblehead spawn upstairs. The attic contains a steamer trunk, accessible from the rooftops.
- On the other end of the rooftops is a cooking station with a potential bobblehead spawn point.
- There's another cooking station at the northern end of the main street, in the food stall. Notably, there's also a recipe spawn point on the shelves.
- Almost none of the numerous buildings are accessible, with the bulk of interesting locations found on the rooftops. Even the church and historic hall aren't accessible - although there are instruments on the stage in front of the hall, allowing for gaining the Well Tuned bonus.
- Just southeast of the town, towards Big Bend Tunnel West, is a Bot Stop, which features in Enclave Event: Bots on Parade.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Note to Lorri: On top of desk in second floor of Visitor's Center, next to terminal.
- Kerry's Orders: On dead raider on roof overlooking the historic court building.
- Easy Pickins: Near the body of the raider on the roof overlooking the historic court building.
- Plan: One, inside toolbox on front porch of large house by water tower.
- Bobbleheads: Two, in the visitors center and on the rooftops in the area.
- Magazine: Two, one on the rooftops in the northeastern sky gardens, and one in the visitors center attic.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
A small town notable for its location on top of the Midland Trail, Lewisburg was founded as a surveyor's camp in 1751, around the Lewis Spring. Both were named for Andrew Lewis, a pioneer, explorer, and soldier from U.S.' colonial history. After the camp was wiped out during Pontiac's Rebellion, a fortified encampment was established, serving as a staging area for Lord Dunmore's War, a pacification of the native American tribes in the region. The success of the expedition paved the way for a formal foundation of the town in 1780, serving as a major center of leisure and governance west of the Virginian mountains. Lewisburg witnessed conflict during the American Civil War, with many of the building sin the town used as hospitals for wounded soldiers.
- Dynamic spawns
- Headwear: Red bandana, trilby hat, newsboy cap, green rag hat, battered fedora, sunglasses, bottlecap sunglasses, combat armor helmet, cop cap, faded visor, black-rim glasses, baseball cap, patrolman sunglasses, blue bandana, green bandana, striped bandana.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Lewisburg appears in Fallout 76.