Lily and Leo is a companion unmarked quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
At a certain point, if Lily Bowen is the players' active companion, the player may begin to hear a recording of children greeting their grandmother. This signals the start of Lily's unmarked quest. The playback of the recording of her grandchildren occurs when the following conditions are all satisfied:
- You have talked to Lily about Leo and replied about it (generally available in her typical dialog tree asking her about herself)
- You have witnessed her suffer a psychotic break during combat whereby she goes into a state of near frenzy, when her health is reduced to at least half, and talked with her about it.
- You have witnessed her taking her medicine and talked to her about it. She says "Medicine Time" or "Grandma has to take her pills now, Dearie" when she takes her medicine.
- Note: You have to ask her about herself (again) to get the appropriate medicine dialogue.
- You have slept or waited.
To complete the quest, the player must listen to the entire recording and then open a dialogue with Lily. After asking her several questions and discovering that she has only been taking half the recommended dosage of her medicine, the player is given three choices:
- Recommend that Lily begin taking the complete dosage. If this option is chosen, Lily will stop suffering psychotic breaks altogether, but her Melee Weapons skill is reduced to 60 - these remain in effect regardless of her mental state.
- Recommend that Lily continue to take half her dosage. If this option is chosen, Lily will continue to suffer psychotic breaks when she is reduced to one-quarter of her health, but will now calm herself immediately if the player enters Sneak mode.
- Recommend that Lily stop taking her medicine altogether. If this option is chosen, Lily will now suffer psychotic breaks when reduced to one-half of her health, but her Melee Weapons skill is boosted to 100 - these remain in effect regardless of her mental state.
The player's choice will also have an effect on which game ending she receives.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|