Background[edit | edit source]
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Lincoln's repeater is a very high-powered lever-action rifle, dealing 25 more damage than the hunting rifle, and 10 more damage than the sniper rifle. It lacks a scope, but remains accurate at long range by ignoring the bugged scope auto-aim. It also has 3 times the ammunition capacity of either of the other two rifles, but can't fire as fast as the sniper rifle. Lincoln's repeater can fire exactly 400 .44 rounds before becoming unusable. It can be repaired with the hunting rifle.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Lever-action rifle , a common variant found throughout the swamps of Point Lookout.
- Backwater rifle , a more powerful unique variant of the lever-action rifle.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value|
|Lever-action rifle||Lever action rifle||40||30||0.75||x5.0||40||0.25||30||10mm round||10||8||300||200|
|Lincoln's repeater||Lever-action rifle||50||37.5||0.75||x2.0||50||0||25||.44 Magnum||15||5||600||500|
|Backwater rifle||Lever-action rifle||45||33.8||0.75||x5.0||45||0.25||30||10mm round||10||7||700||250|
Location[edit | edit source]
Lincoln's repeater is located inside of a display case on the western wall of the room just up the stairs, in the Museum of History offices. The gun is in perfect condition.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
As a part of the unmarked quest Lincoln's Profit Margins, it can be sold to:
- Hannibal Hamlin from Temple of the Union (for 150 caps to start, but 300 upon passing a Speech check)
- Leroy Walker at the Lincoln Memorial (for 100 caps, or 200 upon passing a Speech check)
- Abraham Washington in Rivet City (for 100 caps, or 200 upon passing a Speech check)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The lever-action rifle of Point Lookout is visually identical to this weapon except for the gold plating and cleaner stock and grip.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- This weapon is based on the Henry Rifle. The specific example referenced in the game, with its engraved gold mounting and serial number 6, was given to President Lincoln by the New Haven Arms Company in hopes that it would influence the purchase of the rifles for use in the Civil War. The actual Henry Rifle, with Lincoln's initials carved into the gold plate, is suspended in a glass case along with a telegraph machine in the Smithsonian.
- The ammo box (pictured below) cut from the game states that the ammo is centerfire, but the .44 Henry was a rimfire cartridge.