Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Haven't run into you before. You probably won't remember me anyway. Don't worry, it won't be a problem for much longer.”— Lopez, Fallout 3.
Lopez is a suicidal resident of Rivet City in Fallout 3..
Background[edit | edit source]
A quiet man born in 2212, Lopez has lived in Rivet City for the past ten years. He originally arrived in the city after his wife and child were killed by raiders. Succumbing to depression, he has idled for the past decade, passing time by reading, praying at the church, and climbing once a day to the top of carrier island and trying to convince himself to jump, ending his life. The depression is compounded by his conviction that nobody cares or even notices him.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- Lopez can be found on the observation deck at the top of the carrier island every day from 8:00am – 12:00pm and 3:00pm – 5:00pm. the player can help resolve the situation by:
- pushing him off the deck (-500 karma).
- talking him into committing suicide by saying he's pathetic (-500 karma).
- use Speech to convince him that Ted Strayer (if alive) needs someone to give him guidance and that Lopez is the one to provide it (positive karma). Afterwards, he will have no more dialogue available, unless approached again between 3:00pm and 5:00pm.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Wasteland settler outfit|
|Mister Lopez's key|
Pack of cigarettes
Drops on death
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Don't mind me, I'm just taking up space here."
- "A quick shove should do it."
- "Someday, maybe I'll get courage."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Lopez appears only in Fallout 3.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.74: "Mister Lopez
Lopez is a quiet 65-year-old man who has lived in the common room for the past 10 years. His wife and child were killed by Raiders, and he came to Rivet City lonely and lost. He spends much of his time reading or praying in the church. He takes his meals in the common room and sleeps a lot out of sheer depression. Once a day he tries to climb to the observation deck and jump."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)