|For the owner of the Friendly Lending Company, see Lorenzo Giovanni.|
Thank you. There's no telling what would happen if everyone were to suddenly find out, but I trust it wouldn't be good.”— Lorenzo on the deteriorating condition of Hidden Valley's air filtration systems
Working in the bunker's lower levels, Lorenzo is a remarkably polite person who carries the burden of caring for the facility's stockpiles of technology. He feels responsible for the well being of everyone, in particular those who retrieve parts and supplies for vital projects. He has recently realized that the bunker's air filtration systems are deteriorating and reported that fact to Elder McNamara. The Elder sent out three squads of Paladins to recover parts needed to fix the system, but all three failed to returned and are presumed dead. The fact weighs heavily on Lorenzo's mind and he does not want further deaths on his account. In his spare time, he researches Poseidon Oil and its ties to pre-War advanced weapon programs. He is also a staunch supporter of Elder McNamara, believing that Hardin is not half the leader McNamara is.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Still in the Dark: Lorenzo provides the locations where spare parts for the filtration systems can be found: 6 HEPA 20 Cartridge Filters, a reverse pulse cleaner, and a differential pressure controller.
- Replacing Elder McNamara with Edgar Hardin will break the quest as while the player can return parts to Lorenzo (or get the starter dialog from him), McNamara will not have any dialogue options to complete the quest.
- ED-E My Love: Talking to Lorenzo and getting him to mention Poseidon Energy will unlock another log.
|Laser RCW or|
Laser pistol or
Drops on death
- "You're the one with that robot, I was hoping you'd bring him my way. Pretty impressive piece of hardware. I can't say that I've seen anything quite like him before."
- "Hmmm? Oh, you must be the outsider everyone's buzzing about. Pleased to meet you. I'm Lorenzo, Senior Knight and general handyman around here."
- "Hey, good to see you again. Have you thought any more about letting me take a look at the logs on your robot?"
- "Good to see you! Alive, that is. Have you found all of the components yet?"
- "Uh... Hello? Hi. Are you there? Oh, right. You can't respond.Listen, I'm using your robot as a relay to get this message to you. I've picked up some unusual chatter regarding your robot. It seems that it has some information that we could use. Oh wait, where are my manners? This is Lorenzo, a Knight with the Brotherhood of Steel. We'd be very interested in examining your tech. Could you bring your robot to one of our patrols so they can examine it? I'll have the robot mark the location on your map."
- "Uh... Hello? Hi. Are you there? Oh, right. You can't respond.Listen, I'm using your robot as a relay to get this message to you. I've picked up some unusual chatter regarding your robot. It seems that it has some information that we could use. Oh wait, where are my manners? This is Lorenzo, a Knight with the Brotherhood of Steel. We'd be very interested in examining your tech. Whenever you get a chance, can you bring your robot back to Hidden Valley so I can take a look at it?"
- If Still in the Dark is active, Lorenzo may be temporarily disabled once ED-E My Love's message to bring him to Hidden Valley starts. Telling ED-E to return to Primm or reactivating Lorenzo through console fixes this.
Lorenzo appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "The Elder wants me to retrieve components to help fix the air filtration system."
Lorenzo: "...So now I'm going to have your death on my conscience, too. Great."
- The Courier: "So you and the McNamara both know about this?"
Lorenzo: "...Yes. When I first discovered how much the systems had deteriorated, I reported it to the Elder right away. He told me he'd take action right away, and sent out several patrols to search for parts."
- The Courier: "Er, what?"
Lorenzo: "You think you're the first person the Elder's trusted with this? He sent three of our patrols out looking for those components, and they're all dead. I was the one who supplied the Elder with the location of possible sites where we could find the components, so their deaths are my fault. And now it's your turn. Well, don't say you weren't warned. I won't take the blame when you die horribly. But I can tell you're getting impatient."
- The Courier: "Maybe you misheard me."
Lorenzo: "No, I heard you quite clearly. You're being sent off to be killed like the others."
- The Courier: "Not all of them."
Lorenzo: "It's amazing that you've found any of them and not gotten gruesomely mangled. Keep up the good work!"
- The Courier: "They're all right here."
Lorenzo: "Really? I mean, that's great! I knew you could do it all along. I'll get right to work installing these. Why don't you go tell the Elder the good news. I'm sure it'll be a huge load off of his shoulders."
- The Courier: "I've heard some information from its logs, sounds like it is carrying some Enclave data."
Lorenzo: "Really? What kind of logs? What kind of data does he have on it?"
The Courier: "The logs spoke about Enclave Duraframe research and Poseidon Energy research."
Lorenzo: "Did... did you say Poseidon Energy? I've been researching some Poseidon projects here. Do you think you could leave your robot with me for a few days? I have some materials that I can use to upgrade his armor while he's here."
- Terminal: "Journal Entry 745"
- The Courier: "Vote for Hardin when he calls a tribunal."
Lorenzo: "Fine, but you're making a big mistake. Hardin isn't half the leader that McNamara is."