Fallout 3 locations project
Background[edit | edit source]
Given the presence of a crater south of the shop, the proprietor of Lucky's probably died screaming as the skin melted from his face. Regardless of their fate, the building itself survives in remarkable condition, given the proximity of the blast.
Layout[edit | edit source]
It's southwest of both Tenpenny Tower and Warrington station, at the bottom edge of the map. The grounds immediately surrounding Lucky's are usually populated by several different types of enemies, making fights between them a regular sight in the area. It is easy to get caught in a three- or four-way battle when coming out of the store.
Lucky's consists of two rooms, a reasonably small shop area with various shelves, a counter to the east, and a seat next to a bed to the north. In the north east corner, there is a small bathroom with a toilet and sink.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The lucky shades (+1 Luck when worn) can be found on a mannequin.
- A copy of Pugilism Illustrated is located behind the counter. Taking it incurs no loss of Karma.
- A Nuka-Cola Quantum on a back shelf, near two Nuka-Colas.
- Miniature damaged garden gnome on a shelf next to the "lucky shades" mannequin.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Most of the items (notable exception: the lucky shades) are marked as owned and are therefore not for sale.
- This shop contains almost every item needed to make one of each custom weapon (all except a deathclaw hand, fission battery, radscorpion poison gland and a steam gauge assembly).
- Since the shopkeeper (the scavenger) doesn't sell everything that's in the store, stealing may be necessary. If they detect the theft, they will take the stolen items back, but the Lone Wanderer will still be able to purchase goods.
- Care should be taken when leaving Lucky's as Talon Company mercs or Regulators may spawn outside. They always spawn when the Lone Wanderer exits Lucky's for the first time.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Lucky's appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Lucky's shades can sometimes get stuck inside the mannequin stand. This is extremely common on the PS3. To solve this problem, enter third person and manipulate the camera until the option to pick them up appears.
- Occasionally the scavenger inside the store will respawn after being enslaved or killed.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.384-385: "Lucky probably died screaming as the skin melted from his face, but his store still survives. Once inside, you're greeted by a Scavenger who trades here. There's a Skill Book you can take, but anything else is seen as steeling. You can Trade and Repair here."
"There's junk, food, drink, and Darts, including missiles near the mannequin. Hack into the counter terminal or floor safe. Then look for the following to steal (including some unique shades):"