The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Female, Auto-calc stats
I hope by "something to do" you mean a job. Otherwise you'd better talk with Nova.”— Lucy West, Fallout 3.
Lucy West is a resident of Megaton in Fallout 3.
Lucy was born in Arefu in 2252. Lucy eventually struck out on her own and headed for the “big city,” leaving the small settlement of Arefu and finding her way to Megaton, where she currently resides. Even though Lucy is far from home, she misses her folks and her younger brother, Ian West. She frequently communicates with them via letters she sends there, but as of late, they haven’t replied, and she fears that either they are in trouble, or the letters simply aren’t getting through.
Lucy lives alone in her rather spacious home. She spends the majority of her time sitting at a table in Moriarty's Saloon. Moriarty tells the player that Lucy is scared of something, but he doesn't know what.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
- Blood Ties: Lucy West asks you to deliver a message to her family in Arefu. This leads to the discovery of her parents' bodies and her brother's "vampiric" condition.
- If you talk to her after visiting Arefu but before finding her brother, you can inform her what happened to her parents, and she will ask you to find him for her. If you complete the Blood Ties quest you no longer have the ability to inform her on what's happened with her family.
- She can be convinced to give the player 100 caps if they pass an easy speech check.
Effects of the player's actions
- If you kill Evan King, she will refuse to engage in conversation with you.
|Merc cruiser outfit|
|Housekey - Lucy West|
Drops on death
- She seems to have an attraction to the player character, as after finishing dialogue with her she requests the player see her when visiting Megaton.
- "I heard about your little killing spree in Arefu. Get the hell away from me!"
Lucy West appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
- Her name may be a reference to the character Lucy Westenra from the novel Dracula. This is fitting, given that her quest line leads to encounters with "vampires".
- Like all other Fallout 3 non-player character's, Lucy West might go missing or turn up dead. See recovering missing NPC in Fallout 3 on how to resolve this issue.
- She will sometimes say "I heard about your little killing spree in Arefu, get away from me!" after completing Blood Ties, even though no vampires or residents of Arefu were harmed.
- Even after telling Lucy that you've found Ian, she sometimes keeps imploring you to find him. If you tell her you've found him before telling her you delivered the letter, she might not let you tell her about her parents—and will still ask for you to find Ian.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.82: "Lucy West
Lucy, 25, struck out on her own and headed for the "big city," leaving the small settlement of Arefu and finding her way to Megaton, where she currently resides. Even though Lucy is far from home, she misses her folks and her younger brother, Ian West. She frequently communicates with them via letters she sends there, but as of late, they haven't replied, and she fears that either they are in trouble, or the letters simply aren't getting through."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)