Lumbering mega sloth
Lumbering mega sloth
The mutated sloth is a lumbering creature unleashed upon West Virginia after the Great War. Although indigenous to tropical climates, a small population of these creatures has been imported to West Virginia by Isaac Garrahan. Obsessed with the creature, he kept them in luxurious enclosures at the Garrahan Estate, although his lax animal keeping skills resulted in regular escapes - much to the chagrin of his brother, Bill.
They achieved the same feat after the Great War, making their way down from the Estate into the wilderness. Thanks to the radiation, the megasloth has not only adapted to the temperate environment, but also became much, much larger. The enormous mega sloth retained its peaceful nature, but developed a fierce territorial instinct and is also not nearly as slow as one might expect.
Mega sloths are boss-level creatures who have a lot of hit points and plenty of hitting power. At close ranges, they will attack targets with their massive claws or unleash poison spores from their back, which deal damage over time and largely ignore armor. At a distance, they will resort to the tried-and-true method of pelting enemies to death with rocks.
Fortunately, they have one weakness: They are unaggressive and allow any hunter to prepare for the attack, finding a secluded area they cannot reach, lay down mines, or gather a hunting party to help with the attack. During the attack, it's best to keep distance and keep strafing to limit damage from incoming projectiles (while staying aware of any obstacles that might result in stopping stones with one's face).
- Megasloth meat, pelt, mushrooms, and claw
- Silver and screws
- Very large amount of bottlecaps
- High end ammunition
- Usually found in The Mire and Tanagra Town, the sloth sometimes spawns in random event locations throughout West Virginia.
- A megasloth fighting with several yao guai may spawn west of the Lost Home, inside the crevice. See here.
- Isaac's Message to the Sloth
- Garrahan Estate terminals: "One of Isaac's sloths escaped from its enclosure again and it ended up hiding in my room. Those things are too smart for their own good.
I've told him time and time again, make sure the doors to all the cages are locked, but as usual, his head's in the clouds. I swear, that moron is more interested in his menagerie than his own family.
I've also told him next time I flick on the lights to my room and a furry thing suddenly lunges at me, I'm going to shoot it, stuff it and mount it on my wall. Hell, if it was up to me, I'd walk right down to his little zoo and wipe the little bastards out just to save us all the trouble."
- Fallout 76 loading screen hints: "The enormous Mega Sloth is peaceful by nature, but highly protective of its territory. It's also not nearly as slow as one might expect."